Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Boiler overheating High Temps in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mossy007

Mossy007 New Member

I have a overheating issue very few days with my boiler when the UFH is on have to reset CH and HW all working perfect. My UFH is polypipe with a Baxi boiler. I have had a baxi engineer out to look at the boiler who has advised that the UFH needs balancing as the heat from boiler is not dispersin. I have also been advised that maybe installing a pipe thermostat on the return flow pipe. I am a complete novice guys. Any help is appreciated. Quick pick of manifold attached.

A004516D-BBBE-4B1F-9A62-978450DBB673.jpeg

2. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Hi
    Your system probably needs a bypass.

3. Mossy007

Mossy007 New Member

Hi can you please elaborate

4. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

When your boiler fires. The heads on the manifold have not opened. The boiler has nowhere to pump , so overheats. An auto bypass will allow the flow of water to be continuous.
    Modern manifold controls have a delay timer, to allow the heads to open before the boiler and pump kick in. The heads can take 5 minutes to open.

5. Mossy007

Mossy007 New Member

Can you please advise if this is something I can do myself? Sounds like I need a plumber out to sort it out is this correct? Thanks in advance

6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Does the underfloor work ok? As polypipe thermostatic mixing valves are renowned for sticking.
    The system would need looking at to determine if a bypass would cure your problem.
    Where are you based? There might be someone on here who could help.

7. Mossy007

Mossy007 New Member

The underfloor works but I’ve never thought it had worked to its potential and now I’m getting the overheat issues. I am based in Preston. If you can get someone that would be marvellous. Thank you

8. Mossy007

Mossy007 New Member

Still having issues. Any help will be appreciated

9. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would say your boiler can't modulate down to a low kw eg just enough for the underfloor heating so it's just overheating

Does it work with let's say hot water on and your underfloor

10. Mossy007

Mossy007 New Member

Yes it works when hot water is on. The temps on boiler are fine when CH and hot water are on 60-70. When underfloor fires up temp goes up to 90

11. ShaunCorbs

What's the kw size of the boiler ?

12. Mossy007

Mossy007 New Member

Potterton Titanium 24kw

13. ShaunCorbs

Do you know the heat load of your under floor eg every circuit ?

14. Mossy007

Mossy007 New Member

No sorry I don’t know this information I’m afraid anyway to check ?

15. ShaunCorbs

Should be on your underfloor plans if you have them