Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler not firing after central heating drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jontaylor

I recently drained down my pressurised system in order to move a radiator. I've now refilled the system and did a quick check and the boiler fired for central heating / hot water and it fired OK. I then switched off the hot water/central heating at the controller and left it. Later on when the boiler should have been firing up and reheating the hot water again, I noticed that it hadn't fired up. Neither hot water nor central heating being activated on the controller are making the boiler fire (although the central heating pump is running).

Other info: the boiler lockout light is not on, it is simply not firing; the thermostat on the boiler is turned on; the overheat stat on the cylinder does not need resetting, it is OK; I manually opened the 2 port valves whilst refilling - they have now been reset to automatic; I've tried bleeding air from all radiators and the hot water pump (the radiators were occasionally knocking during last night, even though the central heating/hot water was all switched off, so I guess there must still be a bit of air trapped in the system; the boiler is a Trianco Iona 100/125.

Any advice on what might be causing the boiler not to fire would be most appreciated.

Thanks Simon, spot on. I didn't realise there was another reset for the boiler high limit - it's firing again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler not firing after central heating drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I drained the the central heating, to remove a radiator. After refilling it, the heating now won’t work. It’s a combi . I’m getting this symbol
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock