Discuss Boiler loosing pressure. Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have discovered that boiler pressure is towards zero. Top up helps. Later discovery is that there is a weep in an upstairs rad return pipe rotting a cupboard ceiling. I am assuming the two are connected. Temp solution is a bucket.
When pressure was at zero again I repressured which blew a pressure join on downstairs UFH manifold. Have now isolated this to fix. Presume no point in draining and recommissioning UFH with the leak elsewhere. Leak upstairs requires cutting ceiling out, which I am reluctant to do. However equally reluctant to have dysfunctional system with no ground UFH.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Thanks. I'd like someone to tell me that I don't need to decorate! I guess a weep of water can eventually reduce pressure, so no choice :-(

Ha ha. Look at it this way at least you’ve caught it early. It could cause a lot more damage

Reply to Boiler loosing pressure. Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back