Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler keeps restarting. Is it meant to do this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wat143

Hello. Excuse my ignorance but I think I MAY have a problem with my Potterton 40L boiler.
Basically it runs ok for around 30 minutes and then it starts this cycle of turning off the flame, pump runs for a couple of minutes, the whole thing shuts down and goes completely silent, then instantly the whole thing starts up again and the flame reignites.
We had British gas out and he seemed to think this was normal when it had reached temperature, but it is still 15 degrees and the thermostat is set to 18? (Thermostat tested ok).
So my question is, are boilers meant to go on and off all the time?!
Thank you, Katie.

Sorry but where is this? There is a dial on the front saying temperature min or max and it's maybe set to 90% ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler keeps restarting. Is it meant to do this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock