Search the forum,

Discuss boiler help. potterton performa 24 eco HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi hope you are well and thanks in advance for your help.

ive got a potterton performa 24 eco HE. (a combi)

if it is left unused for some period of hours, and then you demand hot water, it fails to light the flame and fails with a flame out error. if you reset it, it works.

ive had a local engineer look at it, it had some other issues which have been fixed, and so far i have spent a lot of money, but this problem persists and the engineer says that he doesnt know what it is. so i really need some help please!

any ideas?

Kevin , these can be a nightmare mate , consider paying Potterton / Baxi a one off "fixed price repair " ( sorry dont know how much ) one of their guys will come put however many parts it needs and also guarantee it for a year .

I could suggest parts but I have to respect forum rules , you may start fitting them !!

oh, i wont start fitting them myself!! lots have already been changed. about ÂŁ700 has gone into it already, although it did have other issues, had to change the heat exchanger and some of the sensors.

appreciate the advice about potterton, i will call them thanks

TBH that sort of money I would of gone for a new boiler or fixed price repair

I know this doesn't help you

oh, i wont start fitting them myself!! lots have already been changed. about ÂŁ700 has gone into it already, although it did have other issues, had to change the heat exchanger and some of the sensors.

appreciate the advice about potterton, i will call them thanks

Blimey thats a lot of money spent , I feel for you mate ,

We cannot give advice on gas appliance repairs i am afraid you will need to contact a GSRI who can repair it , or baxi potterton who can do a one off repair for you for a set fee, i would say do that as you have already paid out a bit of money to solve the faults and still not resolved the problem , they often change several parts and guarantee the repair for a year cheers kop

Screenshot_2017-08-03-18-58-57.png

We cannot give advice on gas appliance repairs i am afraid you will need to contact a GSRI who can repair it , or baxi potterton who can do a one off repair for you for a set fee, i would say do that as you have already paid out a bit of money to solve the faults and still not resolved the problem , they often change several parts and guarantee the repair for a year cheers kop

View attachment 30478

It's round ÂŁ300 isn't it ?

I think so shaun but beats parts swapping which alot of so called engineers do the poor guy has spent enough lets get it sorted properly winter is around the corner , kop

ok, no problem, i understand you dont want people blowing themselves up, thanks for the help.

300 quid ....blimey that would have done me fine.

ok, no problem, i understand you dont want people blowing themselves up, thanks for the help.

300 quid ..blimey that would have done me fine.

TBH the engineer should have told you about this as soon as he said the heat exchanger needing changing

yeah i did say to him....this is going to fix the problem, right? and he said yes. to be fair he';s spent a few hours trying to fix this stalling issue for free (ive paid for the parts) and changed a bunch of sensors but its still not right,.

apparatly id need the flue replacing if i go for a new boiler which would add a lot of money. if id known it was going to be this expensive to begin with i would have changed it, but its kinda crept up in waves if you know what i mean.

Does the flue go through the wall / any chance of a pic ?

• Funny
Reactions: rpm
it goes through a toilet in a tunnel. i cant get a pic for you at the moment as its in my old house that i rent out. (yes im a capitalist pig landlord....of the small variety)

it goes through a toilet in a tunnel. i cant get a pic for you at the moment as its in my old house that i rent out. (yes im a capitalist pig landlord....of the small variety)

Fair enough yes would cost some and would cause some damage but it's not hard

to be honest, ive thrown that much at it already, most of the insides are new now, another ÂŁ300 to sort it is better than throwing that all away?

That's something you need to decide/ weigh up with the age of the boiler

yeah ..i run an IT company and my customers often have the same dillema....keep it going or draw a line. its an expensive line, and its probably just something cheap that need changing?? ....is there a market for nearly new heat exchangers??

There's always someone who will buy it given the time on eBay

There is one thing you could help me with the wife needs a new laptop she has always had HP and has worn 3 out now its only used for browsing the web and personal things it dosent need to be massive memory or stream anything but i would like it to be quick and have a good wireless connection , we use SKY as our internet provider i dont have a problem on my Surface 3 i use but she struggles with connection could you recommend a replacement aroud the ÂŁ400 -ÂŁ500 mark please . cheers kop . A picture of your flue may help to diagnose your problem to ? if possilbe

This forum comes up with a plethora of people.

- DIY'ers
- DIY'ers pretending to be Plumbers
- Genuine people who want our help and advice.
- Plumbers wanting advice from other Plumbers.

.......and now we can add a new type of person......

- Capitalist Pig Landlord -
( as the OP referred to himself )

As for the problem - I don't think I would change the heat exchanger and hoped that would fix the problem.
There would be around 10 things I would check before even contemplating a heat exchanger change.

I think you need someone with more experience that the person you are dealing with at the moment

Email address supplied does not work kevin so this is what i am thinking i5 processor- 4GB minimum RAM - HDD 500mb minimum pm me if you would like cheers kop

Retried shaun now sent thanks , what you up to this week you are still on holiday any plans hope you have a rest and recharge the batteries ? Cheers kop

Last edited:
Retried shaun now sent thanks , what you up to this week you are still on holiday any plans hope you have a rest and recharge the batteries ? Cheers kop

Yes and no last couple of days off and fixing my comp decide to overheat and other things

And yes ready to get back at it

Hope you get sorted bud regards kop.

Shes worn it out Match its her birthday so though i would treat her maybe get her to do some invoicing grrrr i hate paperwork . cheers kop

Haha,
My wife is doing exactly the same. I don't deal with the paperwork at all, I hate that so much. She is doing really well and does the job to perfection. She is chasing outstanding payments, works etc :)

my email address works fine....try it again! wasnt sure if i could actually put a proper email adderss in a post...a lot of forum's dont like it....hence the support AT 247computerdoctor.com. its [email protected]

and frankly, dont be wowed by i5 etc. what you need is a decent SSD in the machine. 4gb ram tops. cpu is unimportant for what you do with it. spend the money on the ssd, a samsung 850 pro is the only one to have. and win 7 not, the crap that is win 10. i sell really good refurb laptops. anyway, drop me an email if you want help.

Any reason you say cpu isn't important as I disagree

Good spec laptop is a must

i5-62-6500
8gb ddr3
Samsung 840-850 evo (500-1tb)
Windows 7 or 8.1 agree don't go windows 10 yet

Depends what you do with it. Unless gaming or heavy database /spreadsheet / video editing you don't even need an i3. Bottleneck is hard disk. 8gb is nice but 4 is more than enough for most people. 850 pro Ssd is the key. And stay on 7. It needs proper security (trend wfbs for instance no crap like norton / mcafee etc) and setting up securely and backup too if you don't want to lose stuff. Your opinion may vary but I've been in IT 2 decades so I'm happy with my recommendations and processes. Waste your money on an i5 if you want, you won't use it unless you do something it demands. Most of the time for normal use you won't even use 2 of the cores. Better to spend the money where it counts.

840 evo or 850 evo are more than good enough and the 30-40 saving can go to something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler help. potterton performa 24 eco HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock