Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler grants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anybody know how to start carrying out grant work replacing boilers. I've had a few companies offer me contract work but I don't want to do it for £200 or so a time.

I've had a google but all I can find is the companies that carry them out and nothing about how you become an installer.

They will be about that tbh 150-200 for combi to combi and 375-400 old to new (ov to combi)

They will be about that tbh 150-200 for combi to combi and 375-400 old to new (ov to combi)

Even if you do it direct? And not subby.

I've seen some people saying they got grants for £1700+ for a replacement boiler and I know I can fit boilers and make a good profit with that.

Even if you do it direct? And not subby.

I've seen some people saying they got grants for £1700+ for a replacement boiler and I know I can fit boilers and make a good profit with that.

Yea to make it work you need to be big big as they used to tender blocks off (eg500 grants etc)

And tbh the Arse has fell out of it any way

Not sure if the arse has come back up as I've had 2 companies want me to sub to them but I don't want to do that and all I see are grants available and I can't compete with free boilers so why not try and join them but no idea where to start and if they can make a living off it and pay someone £200 to install it then I can make a living from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler grants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest not cleaned in a while. The bottom baffle on the left corner had completely burnet through. Any Idea on the process on how this occurs and why just...
Replies
Views
We've had a Grant Thornton oil boiler for about 5 years and suddenly it trips the electricity when it rains? The unit is in a wood shed and the exhaust goes out the wall horizontally. I can't see any water ingress in the machine, so at a real loss......and very cold..!!!!
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
I have a Grant Vortex Blue 26kw external oil boiler, installed less than 12 months ago. It's had intermittent non-starting problems resulting in multiple warranty visits, part replacements and eventually burner replacement. The replaced burner I discovered was a 'yellow flame' one, apparently...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock