Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler going on randomly salus RF300 stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys first time in here I got anew boiler fitted about 7 months ago with aforementioned stat boiler all working well but about a month ago I got back from hols n it started to fire up itself no flame indicated on remote but receiver lite green as if getting a signal I reset the boiler & stat receiver from mains it was find for a month last Sunday it did it again I reset it again n it done it again today!! It’s so frustrating I can’t wirk out the issue plllllllease help, also I have BG coming out next week for first visit for boiler cover does anyone know if they cover a Ariston Clas he 30 Combi Boiler help please

Hi Robert.

It’s likely to be your Wi-Fi or your neibours Wi-Fi interfering with your RF receiver.

Turn the power off. Take it off the wall. You will see little switches inside 1-5. Turn Channel 1 on.

You will need to do same on the thermostat itself. For this remove all little plastic links except number 1.

That should sort it out. However there is an element of trail and error. You might be better off on channel 2,3,4 or 5. Channel 1 has always worked for me.

Hi Robert.

It’s likely to be your Wi-Fi or your neibours Wi-Fi interfering with your RF receiver.

Turn the power off. Take it off the wall. You will see little switches inside 1-5. Turn Channel 1 on.

You will need to do same on the thermostat itself. For this remove all little plastic links except number 1.

That should sort it out. However there is an element of trail and error. You might be better off on channel 2,3,4 or 5. Channel 1 has always worked for me.

Hey thanks for getting back to me, I’ve seen a lot of diff posts on duff forums basically saying the salus isn’t the best and the frequency interference is a common thing you think it’s lulely to be the stat as opposed to the boiler coming on itself the green light is on the salus reciever which I’m guessing if the boiler cane on without the signal from the reciever then the green light would be on (is that a sensible guess?) I will try frequency tonight it’s just really driving me mad plus it’s worked fine since was installed in April this year. Funny enough we had WiFi issues when we came back from holidays n BT had to fix some things so maybe that’s what’s messed it up a bit?

Hey thanks for getting back to me, I’ve seen a lot of diff posts on duff forums basically saying the salus isn’t the best and the frequency interference is a common thing you think it’s lulely to be the stat as opposed to the boiler coming on itself the green light is on the salus reciever which I’m guessing if the boiler cane on without the signal from the reciever then the green light would be on (is that a sensible guess?) I will try frequency tonight it’s just really driving me mad plus it’s worked fine since was installed in April this year. Funny enough we had WiFi issues when we came back from holidays n BT had to fix some things so maybe that’s what’s messed it up a bit?
Which is when as far as I’m aware this started to play up too it’s not all the time just randomly would that still happen even tho the WiFi is on all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler going on randomly salus RF300 stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, we have Worcester Bosch heatslave external oil boiler 18/25 Boiler locked out. Pressure was below 0.5 so brought pressure back up. When lock out is reset the burner attempts to light but sounds like a bag of spanners and cuts out again smelling strongly of oil. We have plenty of oil & the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can help me get my radiators on :) My Salus ST620WBC ran out of battery after ticking over nicely for years. Got it back on OK .... but now the 'reciever' on the boiler (a Worchester Combi 30si) is not working. It was left with no signal for a day yesterday. I got...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a BIASI gas boiler as in the pictures. Its worked fine for 12 months. But now, for the last few days, when its first running the bath, I can hear the gas flame turning on and off…and the bath water is quite cold…..if I leave the tap running for say 5 mins, then the gas does stay on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock