Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler gas feed pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i am about to do some work on my house and im having a new boiler fitted.

My old boiler has a 15mm gas pipe going to it and the new boiler is 22mm gas pipe. Can you just solder in a 15mm to 22mm pipe adapter. i know this is for a gas safe person and yes i will be using one but, i would like to know how he would go about it.

The main feed pipe from my meter is slightly bigger than 22mm. it goes under the floor in the house and splits, one for the hob and one for the boiler and comes out the floor as 15mm.

Regards

no as its reducing the wrong way, your gas safe engy will need to run a new gas main (sized for the boiler and any other appliances)

A Gas engineer will have to calculate the correct pipe size from the meter to the boiler and any other appliances and replace where required.

Don't be laying any laminite flooring until gas pipe been correctly sized and updated. Lifting of floorboards is an odds on certainty.

Dude reposting the same question will only end in a ban as the mods look at it as spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler gas feed pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a 35kw system boiler appears to be in 22mm flexible steel pipe (tractpipe, or teslaflex or w/e). Distance from the meter is only 4m-5m or so, and I assume...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire, pushing the blockage to the manifold I think now totally blocked. Return pipe is clear. Exposing manifold is major as it’s between floors and involves...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I am undergoing a whole house refurb including new plumbing, boiler, rads etc. I specifically asked for new copper pipes throughout the property which they charged extra for (didn't want push fit piping). I have now been told in the middle of the job that they recommend a replacing the...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock