Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler dissertation help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mintonio

Hello, i am a gas safe registered engineer who made the decision to do something on the side and ended up at university. I have my dissertation to write and i've decided to do it on why people choose different brands of boilers and what differentiates the brands they choose different from the ones they dont (features, the way the companies treat them, warranties etc etc.
Also looking towards the future, i'd like some insight on how fellow GSE's see the boiler of the future! What could be improved and whats waiting to be discovered! Any information or opinions would be greatly beneficial to me, and i look forward to hopefully starting a great debate in which will help me on my way to a first!
Thank you in advanced guys!

Customers choose to go with what Engineers recommend mostly in my experience.

They trust our judgement.

In turn, that is based on our ( Engineers), own knowledge experience of a product.

This normally comes down to build quality, after sales service and the lack of call backs.

There are a hundred and one other reasons for choice of product as I'm sure you're about to discover.

Good luck with your work !

a lot of customers if older generation go off which magazine
a lot choose worcester because they are led to believe they are the best because they have a huge advertising budget.
but most customers go with the engineers recommendations

I agree with both the above - the vast majority of customers will be guided by their installer.

Some input will come from friends and family - I frequently get the "My brother/sister/uncle has a *** brand and they reckon it's brilliant"

Some will be guided by the likes of Which, but they are relatively easy to convince that W-B are only top rated by Which because of how much they spend advertising in the Which magazine - the evidence is right in front of them, once you make them aware of it, they see it clearly!

I am increasingly finding people doing online research, and getting installers' opinions from forums like this - I mainly fit Intergas and the huge jump in the number of customers who have actually heard of the brand is very noticeable. A lot of people have said it's down to installers raving about them online.

The boiler of the future won't be that different to those of today just as modern cars aren't that fundamentally different from those of yesteryear just with more gadgetry.
Remote diagnosis is already a reality so expect more and more control and diagnostic advancement.

I'm more interested in your history actually, you signed up six years ago looking for an apprenticeship, how did you get your GSR in the end and what course are you studying and where?

Can be scare tactics and market position too as per latest SSE advertising.
Stating 1 in 5 wont make it til summer so arrange a service with them, where no doubt they will try and sell new one.

If those statistics are right then they will expect to be in with a shout of selling 20 boilers for every 100 who take them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler dissertation help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I bought my house last year and recently had a couple of radiators swapped for modern triple columns. Since they were installed they are extremely slow to heat up, much slower than the old ones. I had the plumber back to try and fix this, and he flushed the system, even though this...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who’s Moderna 102 has been working well until recently. About a week ago the CH would occasionally not come on. The HW is working fine. The customer says the temperature control switch on the front of the boiler doesn’t make as satisfying click as it used to when you move it...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled electrically as well as via a push switch on the pump body. I'm using this pump with a wood boiler stove, where I want to run the pump at its slowest...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock