Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler cuts off and makes loud bang sometimes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I've been renting a flat I never lived in for the past 5 months. The tenants noticed that when using the shower the temperature of the water fluctuates from time to time. They turned up the water temperature on the boiler itself - which seemed to keep a consistent temperature when using the shower.
However, recently the boiler sometimes cuts off (stop heating the water while they are in the shower) and when they restart it sometimes makes a very loud banging sound, like a release of pressure or something.

Any ideas?

I tried sending a plumber twice but they didn't show up so just checking here until I find someone else.

Thanks a lot!

Best get a gas safe engy out and not a plumber

Hi all,

Since I last posted I managed to get a few more details.
This problem occurs when using other taps in the flat, so it is not a problem with the shower tap.
When the boiler (Biasi ActiveA) cuts out the error code is 'An 11' which means 'parasite flame' and the temperature is 40+

After dealing with some flaky engineers I managed to get a quote from one on the phone, he says it is the circuit board that needs replacing and the cost is £300.

Does this sound right?

Many thanks,

Tuli

Don't have a clue and doubt anyone on here would unless your In front of it

Basi have a repair service might be worth asking them how much to fix it

Thank you. Your answer makes me worried the other quote is unreliable. I will contact BIASI as well like you suggested.
Thank you,

No, no air was removed. Nothing was done so far as the engineer that came over said he couldn't help as the boiler was not acting up at that particular moment (it only happens sporadically).
If air is the problem, is that something I can try to sort out myself or is that a job for an engineer?

Reply to Boiler cuts off and makes loud bang sometimes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock