Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler companies- Government funded Schemes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaitlinW1998

Hi,

I am new here. Recently in the area there has been a number of Government funded boiler companies opening up.
They ring people that are on benefits, and if they are on certain benefits and meet the criteria, they can have a free boiler installed which is then installed by the company and the government pays the company. I am guessing something to do with the government meeting energy targets?

but my question is, how do these companies work? How do you start one up? It seems a lot of out goings, paying for sales staff, business admins, then someone to do a survey, someone doing epc checks, installers and potentially canvasses (who get based on LTS)

can these businesses even make anything? I tried the old google, but didn't find much..

as far as I'm aware they are no longer completely free, funding keeps getting cut etc, eco deal and green deal has came to an end. Used to work on those contracts for some of the pop up companies, some of them were owed loads of money and some were never paid that money.

We do them. Scheme finishes end of June. We get fined if we don't so a quota of boilers. It's all terrible.
Ploughed loads of money into it. Has its ups and downs.

eon do one, they tell the customer to get 3 quotes then pay the lowest installer to fit them.
thats the quote i did the other week anyhow!

Its still about but very much winding down now .
Company that i know of are still doing them but travel all over , the bubble has burst by sounds of it.

Hi,

I am new here. Recently in the area there has been a number of Government funded boiler companies opening up.
They ring people that are on benefits, and if they are on certain benefits and meet the criteria, they can have a free boiler installed which is then installed by the company and the government pays the company. I am guessing something to do with the government meeting energy targets?

but my question is, how do these companies work? How do you start one up? It seems a lot of out goings, paying for sales staff, business admins, then someone to do a survey, someone doing epc checks, installers and potentially canvasses (who get based on LTS)

can these businesses even make anything? I tried the old google, but didn't find much..

I got it done a couple of months ago through npower. Everything was simple and free. Now I have a brand new Worcester Bosch boiler. Installation company were pros too. I would definitely recommend npower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler companies- Government funded Schemes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just looking for some advice/points of view from those in the know. Door to door salesman from a company called Home Efficiency Surveys caught me in a good mood on a sunny day & I agreed to get a quote for a new efficient boiler (something I generally don't do). The sales guy has just been...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
My old mother had a call out of the blue from (something) Energy, she didn't catch the name, who said because my father was on a qualifying benefit they could get a totally free new boiler. I think it's pure coincidence but the boiler has just stopped working properly (the hot water doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock