Search the forum,

Discuss Blow torch nozzle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening,

I have a rothenberger super fire 2 torch, can anyone reccomed a finer nozzle as the one i have is okay but not for awkward places as its like a flame thrower!

Thanks

Sound like it needs a service. What gas are you burning?

Last edited:
Currently using MAPP, I was working with a mate today, he uses butane and has a much easier flame to work with, probably a smaller nozzle too.

I quite like the large flame off the superfire 2.. if you cant get heat to both sides of the fitting, its fat enough to 'wrap around'.
my mate has another rothenberger torch with a really small pointy flame and if I use it, I end up with leaks cos mine has made me lazy :D

I've used a Bernzomatic torch which is very similar to the SF2 and, yes, it has a narrower flame. Whether certain components could be switched across...

oh, heck, have I just suggested modifying a gas appliance... :(

My SF2 has a decent flame I think and more than strong enough. (The Rothenberger non adjustable torch I also own, has a smaller flame, but I prefer the SF2 adjustment)
You maybe have flux/solder in the nozzle and would need it cleaned.
I use only Propane gas bottles on mine for normal soldering and frankly it is hotter than I would wish for and I wouldn't want to use Mapp.

You maybe have flux/solder in the nozzle and would need it cleaned.

Our students are often getting solder in the nozzle when they are soldering "uphill" for some reason. I clean them out by blasting the side of the nozzle with another torch and just shake the molten solder out. It comes straight out and works fine after that. It's worth having a look. Sometimes solder in the vanes can make a wild flame pattern.

Evening,

I have a rothenberger super fire 2 torch, can anyone reccomed a finer nozzle as the one i have is okay but not for awkward places as its like a flame thrower!

Thanks

Rothenberger sell a conversion kit to a pencil flame. New jet and nozzle. They can be difficult to get hold of and rumour had it that hey had been discontinued but worth asking your merchant. If you can't get one I have a brand new one spare. Make me an offer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bernzomatic and rothy nozzles are interchangeable, I use the bernz swirl tip at work and the superfire to do the weeding in the garden!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blow torch nozzle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

installed a warmflow 70/90 bluebird boiler with a 0.55 x 80 degree nozzle. boiler is only heating 5 radiators in a small 2 bed house. what is the recommended nozzle size and pitch for this boiler? Can I change the nozzle size and pitch to use less oil as the flame is hitting the back wall of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out on Friday after a long period of faultless running, there was a bit of gunk on the back of the (newish) nozzle (Danfoss Nozzle 0.65 x 80 EH) ...
Replies
Views
N
Have this boiler since last November and have given up on the installer and have another person coming this week. Supplier here in Ireland came out and said there was an issue with the flue install (it's in the attic and exits through the roof close to the chimney). Old installer who has done...
Replies
Views
noxyireland
N
I have discovered a very old end feed 22mm t connector under the bath is very gently weeping water. It’s in a place and with pipework that are going to make it a pig to get at and replace as it is nested between other pipes. If I drain the system would it work to heat it up and end feed some...
Replies
Views
Hi, my wife decided she wanted new modern bathtaps instead of the old 'supertaps' we've had since we bought the place. So we bought the new taps and I tried fitting them yesterday but the new taps don't have the same fitting length as the old ones, this wasn't aproblem on the hot supply as...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock