Search the forum,

Discuss Bleed Valve bleed nipple query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please advise if it's normal for new bleed valves to be weeping very very little from the bleed hole?
I replaced all the bleed valves on my radiators and even tho they're tightened some of them have a wet patch on the bleed hole and I know if water can get out air will get in. I have however tightened these but I feel I had to over tighten them to stop the weep (not good practice).
I never had this issue with my previous valves and these are new. Surely this isn't normal?!
Part of me says they're new let them settle down but the more sensible side of me says change them they'll only give me trouble.
Is there any site people can recommend to purchase some decent valves from which they've never had issues with? I.e wickes? Screwfix? Etc or is there a way to fix these even if I had to drain system?
Thank you

Thanks, I have seen those and the ones at Wickes but obviously wanted to hear from those who have used them.
So, just to add they need replacing?

Sadly my local screwfix doesn't have enough in stock. Anyone else sell these particular ones or anywhere else I can get some reliable ones?

If you order them from Screwfix. And they don't have enough to fill the order they will get you the remainder next day. There good like that. Or you can try your local plumbers yard/merchant, they probably won't be selling cheap unreliable fittings.

Thanks Darren, I found another screwfix store alittle further away so I'm going to pop into that. It's a shame they don't just sell the bleed valve on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleed Valve bleed nipple query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock