Search the forum,

Discuss Black bits that smear in hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

We've got a combi boiler system that was last serviced 2 years ago. For the last year or so we've been getting black specks coming through in the hot water when we run the bath. We haven't noticed them in any cold water outlet or hot water in any sinks.

At first we thought the issue was due to dirty whirlpool pipes but we've since had a new shower and bath and the issue is still there.

The black specks smear like mascara on the side of the bath.

Last week I took the shower fitting off to fix a leak and I noticed that the inside of the pipe (all plastic) looked really orange and rusty.

Not sure if this is relevant but the boiler needs the pressure topping up quite regularly.

I'm planning on getting someone out to take a look but thought I'd sound out what possible causes could before hand in case there are any things I can eliminate.

Thanks in advance.

The pressure continuing to drop should be a red flag as are bits in your hot water, speak to your servicing engineer.

Agreed. Shouldn’t be too hard if you explain this to your engineer

A engineer will be needed your boiler needs a service every year to pick up any small faults to clean and check its operation and safety , this is a easy repair but parts will be needed . Kop

Reply to Black bits that smear in hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock