Search the forum,

Discuss Bit of an unvented puzzle! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
www.dripbusters.co.uk/images/tundish.mov

Anyone seen this happening on a Megaflow unvented cylinder tundish before? I serviced it a few days ago as customer was complaining of low hot water pressure, hadn't been done for ages. What they did say though is they are having to regenerate the bubble every month or so.

My thought is a dodgy mixer tap sending cold water back to the cylinder at higher than 3 bars of pressure. The mixers aren't fed from the balanced cold feed in the house.

Rather weirdly there doesn't appear to be any water flowing from the cylinder but there is air coming out of the tundish.

That is weird! My first thought is maybe the pressure is just slightly above what the pressure relief valve opening pressure is and the valve is just passing a little water.
You would need to test the pressure at unit when no taps have been opened for ages.
I know mixer taps and showers can let water pass through them, so a double check valve on hot outlet from unit would prevent that risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bit of an unvented puzzle! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock