Search the forum,

Discuss Biomass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

What type of mixing valve is used on a biomass install, what's there purpose ?

It's to maintain a boiler temp of 50c.

Usually a thermostatic controlled 3 port

It's to maintain a boiler temp of 50c.

Usually a thermostatic controlled 3 port

Is there any particular make that I should use?

Also this biomass and oil boiler system shows a low loss header the biomass is 199kw and has 500l of water content, should a buffer be used? The low loss header is 5" by 2.3m long

Different manufacturers want different return temperatures, check with retailer or readv the manufacturers instructions, get it wrong and the boiler can need to be replaced within 5 years.

Again check the buffer requirements with the manufacturer, a boiler that size may need a buffer depending on heat dissipation.

Another wee question, thanks for your comments, but I've never know a biomass flue be right to connect to a oil boiler flue, but on the hargassner schematic it shows both flues together but a sensor must be fitted, have you ever came across that before?

Another wee question, thanks for your comments, but I've never know a biomass flue be right to connect to a oil boiler flue, but on the hargassner schematic it shows both flues together but a sensor must be fitted, have you ever came across that before?

No, in fact the golden rule with flues is never fit two appliances to one flue, unless they mean to connect to an old type oil boiler flue.

One I did come across is a flue with what appeared to be another flue beside it acting as an air intake, any chance the sensor is a lambda probe?

That might explain the two pipes one for POC and the second as an air intake the fan speed controlled by the lambda.

The 'creme de la creme' and my suggested manufacturer for biomass installations would be ESBE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biomass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I'm building a new house and I have no idea what option to chose for heating/hot water! I've looked at biomass/pellet boilers, electric combi boilers, air source heat pumps and solar panels(combined with an electric boiler) After doing a lot of research (and not understanding some of the...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, I have recently had a water board inspection This is what the report said about the filling loop on our press unit for a biomass boiler…. There is quickfill pipework directly between the mains water supply and heating supply. This type of temporary connection is permitted under the water...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've currently got a system boiler with cylinder and rads on s-plan. I'm planning on installing UFH in my kitchen/diner and utility/downstairs loo. My question is around mixing valves and opentherm. Do mixing valves dynamically adjust the amount of cold being mixed in response to the...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
I have holes in the wall of my shower enclosure. Down low at the open corner, between the quartz wall and the solid pan. Same at each end of the shower. They are obviously intentional. But they seem stupid to me. Just a hole where water can intrude thru the quartz wall to whatever is behind...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock