Search the forum,

Discuss Bio-Mass boiler to replace Trianco solid fuel Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone ,been lurking on the site for a while and thought I would ask advice on a Install i am currently in the process of Planning.

Background as follows

16 century farmhouse situated in yorkshire currently running a Trianco solid fuel boiler ,radiators are approx 35 years old and all pipework is in copper burried in concrete on the ground floor ! and normal practice on the first floor
Pumped c/h circuit and gravity hot water .

looking to replace the boiler with a biomass boiler ,unvented cylinder (solar ready) and upgrade all controls .
the boiler originally looked at was the baxi Bioflow but on furthur research an alternative Winhager Variowin boiler is looking to be the favorite , the boiler will be out of sight so the furnace window feature is not required or heat to the room from the furnace.

My background is I am a self employed plumber/heating engineer gas safe registered with lots of experiance of mainly combi installations and a few unvented systems ,I have attended and completed the Woody Bio-mass course at Stevensons collage in coalville .
The customers are my parents and the job will of course be free (labour)
My main worry/concern is the output of the Bio-mass boiler ! will it be sufficent to cope with the heating load and h/w requirements ? I dont want to get this wrong as there will be the best part of £10k being spent !

Any comments or advise would be greatfully recieved
Thanks Dom

Welcome to the forum Dom.

What size do you intend to install?

What is the heat requirement of the property?

Are you to install a buffer/ accumulator vessel?

Hi Dom,

What fuel do intend using wood pellet or biomass multi fuel for example logs, black oats etc?

I would recommend a buffer tank as a lot of the modulating boilers can take a long time to respond to heat demand, the buffer irons out the peaks and troughs.

Ecowarm has asked some very important questions the answers would help giving any guidance.

I know this post is old. You need deep pockets for a Winhager, all the accessories bump up the price. Did you look at the Grant Spira, Extraflame, MCZ or Woodpecker pellet boilers? The Extraflame, MCZ and Grant don't neeed buffer tanks which can simplify things, although a thermal store is always a good option to consider. I have fitted several of the Extaflame pellet boilers without buffer tanks, they never overheat if done correctly. The wood pecker pellet just need a buffer for back end protection, stop condensation in the heat exchanger, but Woodpecker won't comission without a buffer tank. I am factory trained on the others, so I commission them myself, but always use an anti condense valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bio-Mass boiler to replace Trianco solid fuel Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock