Search the forum,

Discuss Best/worst tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Whats the best/worst tool you have purchased?

Worst tool.....rotten burger pressure gauge that has the rubber end and jubilee clip, always leaked then when it reached 4 bar the gauge popped off the end and broke!!! Piece of carp!

This one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 351
Worst tool.....rotten burger pressure gauge that has the rubber end and jubilee clip, always leaked then when it reached 4 bar the gauge popped off the end and broke!!! Piece of carp!

I have had two problems with rothenberger tools before, each time I have emailed rothenberger & they have sent replacement parts in the post free of charge! Excellent company to deal with! I also got a free goodie bag of flux, permanent pens, laco heat repair epoxy sticks & barrier heat spray!!

Nerrad sent me two new bloody wheels for my pipe slices & both still spiralled!!! Grr

Best - estwing hammer . Worst - cheap pencil that the lead is always broken in

Best: wera screwdrivers (they seem to last so much longer than any others I have tried)

Worst: those pipe cleaning things (flaming useless!)

Best wet vac...no comments!
worst old style waste cutters from Rotten bugger, new ones are brilliant.

best- granddads old footprints 2 sizes
worst- a cheep step ladder was caught short on a job with massively high cellings I felt drunk when I used it usually use youngmans fiberglass and the are solid!

Best, my old Stanley chrome tape 2 years old never bent, broke got damaged, went through the washing machine and it would bounce back out
worst, its replacement same price same design actual tape is too flimsy

worst stanley fatmax pump pliers :nono: useless just can't get on with them

Last edited by a moderator:
best tool - makita cordless SDS after today nothing but chasing out.

worst tool - 98p b&q screwdrivers and also makita 10.8 recip saw its a great tool just keeps on breaking.

best knipex alligators,worse the bacho ,ratcheting equivalent,utter crap,even though i like bacho kit the pliers is tat

Apparently Gas, you replaced your Nerrad wheels with Monument ones. Wrong width buddy. Buy the right ones next time and you'll be fine.....you'll see.

I have had two problems with rothenberger tools before, each time I have emailed rothenberger & they have sent replacement parts in the post free of charge! Excellent company to deal with! I also got a free goodie bag of flux, permanent pens, laco heat repair epoxy sticks & barrier heat spray!!

Nerrad sent me two new bloody wheels for my pipe slices & both still spiralled!!! Grr

Rothenberger probably sent you all that gear thinking that this guy needs all the help he can get ;-)

Ha ha, we were just talking yesterday about how rubbish they are. Just as you get a decent point on it the lead drops out!
Put pressure on the tip and it comes out the back.

Put pressure on the tip and it comes out the back.

Get a screw & screw it in the back of the pencil a few threads to stop the lead pushing up inside the pencil. Seen a builder do that.

My best tool I feel is the one that does the impossible - my Fein multi tool. Great for floorboards on top of joists or up to skirtings, or solid backs of kitchen units, plywooded stud walls, etc. Nothing else can do the same.
Worst tool was probably a Nutool rotary hammer drill. Piece of junk that stopped hammering.

i love my knipex cobras.
i also love my recip saw, its like a awesome saw/light saber combination.good fun.

i detest pointless tools (i dont own any) such as silicone cartridge openers, olive removers etc.

worst tool i own, normal channel lock grips, wera screwdrivers (great quality but somehow always seem either too big or too small for the screw.

I normally buy my pencils from the pound shop. It doesn't matter if they only last a day as I usually lose them in a few hours! I even cut them in half so they last longer.

I've got the monument olive cutters 8,10,15,22 but still used adjustable to rattle a 22mm olive and nut of this morning

Got to disagree on that - now. Never had any until a few months ago when I had a few jobs replacing rad valves in houses. SO much quicker!
Complete rhubarb.
Only useful about ten percent of time. Usually the nuts are overtightened and the pipe is strangled by the olive. They will only come off a straight pipe and I can use my grips for that just as quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best/worst tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock