Discuss Best wet and dry Vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What wet and dry Vac does everyone use. Went to look at a job last year and told them they had a leak under concrete. Their handyman has now lifted the floor and, oh what a surprise there is a leak. I have to go in now and repair the pipe. I can drain heating as much as you can above but what vac does everyone use. Thanks

I use an Einhell with stainless steel body. £46 at my nearest merchants. They last a few years even with some quite heavy use. I am only on my second one in 12 years.

I have a Titan wet and dry vac from Screwfix. It is a piece of junk, but only cost 30 odd pounds. The suction hose is terrible quality. It does the job though.
I see Lidl doing a decent looking Parkside brand 1300 watt 20 litre wet and dry vac this week locally to me. Only £34.99 and 3 year warranty

I have a Titan wet and dry vac from Screwfix. It is a piece of junk, but only cost 30 odd pounds. The suction hose is terrible quality. It does the job though.
I see Lidl doing a decent looking Parkside brand 1300 watt 20 litre wet and dry vac this week locally to me. Only £34.99 and 3 year warranty
You must have the small one. :p Screwfix do 4 different ones and I had them all out looking at them all. I went for a bigger one much better quality then the smaller ones. In my opinion anyway.:p:p

You must have the small one. :p Screwfix do 4 different ones and I had them all out looking at them all. I went for a bigger one much better quality then the smaller ones. In my opinion anyway.:p:p

It could be the smaller one. I bought it in a hurry for to remove water for a customer that had a water saturated carpet due to a burst, very corroded radiator. I probably just went cheapest, knowing I likely rarely will use it.
The hose was, and still is badly kinked and a review mentioned this is normal out of the box.
I didn't do my usual research or take a look at them, like you sensibly did, and now I am left with an embarrassing piece of junk. :p

Parkside, very good hoover. It can pull and blow it’s a great tool though. Especially when installing a cylinder and you struggle to drain just put the hoover on and push the water out

I can't be doing with changing filters etc so goy an old Henry for dry work (£20 off eBay) and an Einhell for wet. The Einhell is small, lightweight and well made

I have the Wickes W&D, it's pants quality but why bother when you're sucking up CH & toilet water. The only thing to remember is not to over fill it so the filter gets wet or it'll stink when using it for dry matter.

Update. I bought one of these from Screwfix.
Nilfisk Aero 26-21 PC 1250W 25Ltr Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner 240V (66972) Thanks Everyone for your ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best wet and dry Vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back