Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Best way to run pipes in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. kasser

kasser Member

Hi guys,
    I've got a toilet upstairs and a washbasin to the left. Pipes come up to the right of the toilet and make their way to the left to feed the toilet cistern and hot and cold for the washbasin in a vanity unit. There's also the drain pipe that runs from the washbasin parallel to the pipes.

I'm attaching a couple of pics. You can see the two white pipes nailed to the skirting board and a 40 mm black drain pipe in one and flexipipe to the toilet in another.

It all looks very ugly at the moment because the connections are temporary and the bathroom will be redone. There's a huge gap behind the vanity unit to allow the pipes and drain pipe to connect to the washbasin!

What's the best way to run the pipes to the vanity unit and toilet?

It's a suspended timber floor with joists running parallel to the pipes, so I was thinking of running everything under the floor then up inside the vanity unit at the back. Drain pipe can be 32 mm to make it smaller.

But what about the cold water feed to the toilet? It defeats the purpose to run all the pipes under the floor if one is going to stick out of the floor to the toilet cistern. The feed connects to the bottom left of the cistern.

Maybe I could run it from under the floor in the solid block wall, just plaster depth, to come out at cistern height in a flexi? I've seen some sort of chrome elbow plate fitted to walls where a flexi pipe just comes out to feed the cistern. What would you guys recommend? How would you run all of this so it all looks neat in the end?

pipe run.jpg

flexi to toilet.jpg

2. BILLENK

BILLENK GSR

Under the floor and in the wall like you say or build some tidy boxing for it, depends on time and budget.
    Either way I'd do it in copper. I wouldn't use a flexi either if I could help it.

3. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

You could invest in a new pan and cistern, with the cistern have a rear entry. That way you won't see any pipes at all to the cistern.
    You will just have to chase the pipe into the wall a little higher than normal and have the pipe plumbed into a height that suits the cistern inlet