Search the forum,

Discuss Best way to fit a bypass for a whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
When fitting a whole house pump with break tank, I tee on the water main after the pump ( with a stop tap and double check valve). This enables the customer to still get water if there is a power cut.
Does anyone know of a normally closed valve, that will open on power failure, so this can be done automatically?
cheers.

The only way I could think of it is a normally open solenoid valve (closed when power is on) but the do get warm that's the only problem I could see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best way to fit a bypass for a whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
I have read that an Auto Bypass Valve (ABV) is not compatible with a pump set to Proportional Pressure (PP) mode. I have a recently fitted Vaillant EcoFit Pure 430 heat-only boiler + Vaillant SensoComfort weather sensing controls + 15 rads (12 with TRVs) across 2 CH zones + a static bypass...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock