Search the forum,

Discuss best value solar thermal panels and heat pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike_s

Hi, looking to sit courses for these soon. I want to know which are the best value as I'm sure this will be key to selling them, making the pay back times shorter.

I hear Mitsubishi ecodans and Grant air source are good but how do they compare pricewise compared to others and the likes of Worcester.

I am a Worcester Accredited installer and their courses are only £200 each but I may not bother if they arn't competitive pricewise.

I may be sitting the courses at Southport College as it's local and they have a new renewables training center open but their courses are £600 each! Albeit they are 4 day courses so I expect them to be more thorough and well balanced than Worcester who will only promote their products.

the college courses would be either bpec or logic competent person schemes the manufacturers would be product specific if you want MCS registration do the college courses if not I would do the cheaper manufacturers course

I will be going for MCS registration next year, the Worcester courses are Logic aswell I think.
Anyway, if I decide to go for a manufacturer course, which is best? Considering if their products are good value too.

I attended the Worcester course, came away with a Logic qualification

SDHW1LS Solar Heating Limited Scope Fully-Filled CollectorSystems valid for 5 years.

I dont know how that equates to the college courses available.

The course gave me the reqd skills to install my own 2 panel system using Worcester products without any installation issues at all, all I was lacking was the experience on which were the best sealing pastes to use.

Thanks, good to hear. I may well end up doing both, probs the bigger course first as I think I will learn more so won't be money wasted.

Any other thoughts on the best value thermal panels and heat pumps? are Worcester actually competitively priced?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't fit any boiler manufacturers heat pumps or solar (excluding Viessmann). It's all re badged over priced ****.

Hi eaton,
Yes I expected that the boiler manufacturers renewables products would be overpriced so I really need to find out which are best of the other makes I probably havn't heard of.
I know you passed your MCS so I'd be interested if you would like to share any of your experience with other manufacturers products.
I understand if you prefer to keep your favourites to yourself!

I'm accredited with Viessmann and Dimplex, all Viessmann is very good but they only make one ashp so not very good for most jobs, Dimplex is ok, controller is way over the top, plus not that cheap for what it is, personally fitted 1 hitachi ashp and working very well with great feed back on running cost and actually started a full heating job today with small hitachi unit and weather comp control, impressed with the hitachis to be fair, place I get it from only really supply 2 makes and rave about Samsung who are bringing out a single unit that the suppliers believe will blow hitachi kit out of window, had a good chat with rep from nine oath day but they want me to do 4 days training @ £300 to fit their gear ( personally think it should be other way) moaning they have no one in my area to pass leads to and offer warranty but I have to pay for privilege, looked good kit to be honest lovely controller but training and cost puts me off

thanks again eaton, any opinions on who does decent budget panels? will defo check out the hitachi heat pumps.
Main rep was raving about their panels, as they would but they actually do seem good value, especially with their solar cylinder and installation/controls kits too.
Though would like in-roof options but I expect to pay extra for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Barilla tubes and flat plates, made by Wagner who actually supply Vaillant, very good prices, also look at h2 solar again decent gear( never fitted ) and reasonable price,

Not sure about costs but I recently met with Kingspan. Their collectors (flat plate and evac tube) and cylinders have a good name (and they're UK manufactured).

I dropped in on H2 solar the other day for a few bits and pieces. Very good set up and nice and friendly. I will definately use again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best value solar thermal panels and heat pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock