Search the forum,

Discuss Best tool bag/box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih1

Gas Engineer
My old faithful Stanley fatmax tool bag has seen better days and is due an upgrade. What are use lads using these days

I agree vetos are great, I just wish id gone for the OT XXXXXXXXXL as i seem to carry so much rubbish around.

I opted for the tech lc, bought it for my previous job but nowt fitted, but perfect for new job would be lost without it

Don't let the price of the veto scare you! In the time I've had my ot-XL I would have gone through 3 of the 45 quid tote bags I was using before. And it still looks brand new!

I agree, my veto cost the price of 4 of the bag I used to buy before, but I used to buy 2 a year of those sometimes three. My veto is over 3 years old and still in great condition.

Beesley tools online shop, there's an offer on until end of June, if you buy a tech bag you can get a meter bag worth £40 for free.

Only saying yesterday must have had my veto tech lc for couple of years now. Used hard and still undamaged and going strong.

Thats the one thing i miss having changed over to a tool bag, have started using my hoover as a step now but as its on wheels can be quite interesting!

My old faithful Stanley fatmax tool bag has seen better days and is due an upgrade. What are use lads using these days
I'm currently using a tote tray. I'm fed up with it though and probably going back to a open top bag.

using the jcb boxes frae bnQ...bottom one has wheels and others lock on if needed .
Has suitcase thing that i use for maintenance tools and other ones for power and big tools

Found this whilst researching the bags was nice to find something on you tube not American.

http://youtu.be/BsoZnnbUZgk
Those are the exact 2 veto's I have, and set up in a similar way. The xxlf is a beast, when loaded at times I have to sort tools and odds and ends out of it so I can lift it again. You don't need free weights if you own an xxlf. And once you try a veto you won't buy another brand unless they radically up their game.

I fancy one of those tech ones, looks a handy piece of kit! ive got a british gas brief case type one at the moment, would have to try and flog that first efore I could afford to fork out £150 for one tho!!

What are the new fat max ones like? I've seen em for £30 and am tempted

image.jpg

I use this type by Stanley for my everyday hand tools, I bought it about 8 years ago for about £5.

image.jpg

I have a Stanley Fatmax XL that I keep in the van for heavier tools and tools not used everyday.

I have that same tray for my everyday stuff. I'm looking at upgrading to a bag

image.jpg

I have adapted my tray with cut down inhibitor and water bottles to carry smaller tools and bits.
I tried using the Fatmax for a while for everyday use but I found it too heavy, I was also carting around stuff I only used now and again.

If the plastic Stanley tray broke tomorrow I would definitely buy another one, i do loads of small jobs in occupied propertys and it's easy to carry around.

It really depends on what you are using it for I mostly do servicing, so I use a ck magma technicians case

I also have a ck magma tool tote that I keep all my pipework tools in

Both bags are pretty sturdy

Them stanley trays last me about 3 months.
They do a heavier duty one with a metal handle. Much more durable.
That said im waiting on the veto to come back in stock. Gonna rush me 160 notes

Them stanley trays last me about 3 months.
They do a heavier duty one with a metal handle. Much more durable.
That said im waiting on the veto to come back in stock. Gonna rush me 160 notes

Whilst I was in Swindon Friday I purchased the penultimate one they had..... Sorry about that.

image.jpg

Dont worry gasmanrob it wasn't your fault. Im waiting for a man size version. Not the hairdressers handbag that you have purchased.

I just got a Veto Pro Pack XXL F and im seriously impressed. Upgraded from a Stanley Fatmax as it was getting frustrating with trying to find things, i frequently had to empty half the bag just to find one tool.

The price does seem a little steep at £180 but i felt like treating myself :)

I got the tech lc and have used it daily for the 11 months and it still looks brand new....... The Blue CK cases i used to use would be in tatters by now

Tec Lc perfect size for the everyday boiler repairs.
Had it for over a year now and still in top condition.

For breakdowns I used to use a fat max tool organiser. Only cost £45 and lasted 2 years it was only flying around the back of my car at high speed when I totalled it that it died.

fatmax for me very reliable and good value for money. Had several over the years. At no fault of their own but each one took a hammering before needing replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best tool bag/box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock