Search the forum,

Discuss Best tap flexi hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently moved into a house and found the flexi hoses to the mixer tap have been kinked and pressure is down.

I intend to replace them as they've probably been weakened.

I've heard most plumbers tend to dislike flexi hoses, but what make or type would be the best to go for?

It's a mains pressure hot water system.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The Ones left on the shelf in the wholesalers / retailers they never kink.

anything with wras approved on it, its supposed to be tested.

system will pop along in a bit he's really into flexi's probably the best person to ask.

that aside if its causing pressure issues why not get a plumber in to re pipe it in copper tube?

As above, use copper tails. They don't kink and being copper are much stronger. With a little practice, they are every bit as quick and easy to fit as flexible hoses.

Most plumbers merchants stock copper tails in various sizes.

As above, use copper tails. They don't kink and being copper are much stronger. With a little practice, they are every bit as quick and easy to fit as flexible hoses.

Most plumbers merchants stock copper tails in various sizes.
See the flexi alert never fails system3, if they are mentioned in a post somewhere the bells & flashing light go off & he is there like a shot, either that or he's a mind reader:arabia: LOL

There must be a permanent background search running that e-mails System whenever the f word is mentioned.

Thanks for the replies. Not being a plumber I thought I'd go for the easiest method but copper tails certainly sound the better option. P1080497.jpg

Anna, those kinks in the hoses cause cracks and weak spots in the rubber that you cannot see. They can split, especially under mains pressure. I'd advise you to get a plumber round and either fit shorter flexies if that is your preference or copper tails (which is my preference). You'll only be doing this once, so it's best to do it right (and permanently) the first time.

hall of shame candidate!
bad installation there anna. if its a monobloc tap mixer i wouldnt unduly worry about flexis versus copper as in the end either method are sealed to ther tap unit with only an o-ring which will not last indefinately anyway.

best flexi ones are the ones with pex liners rather than rubber. but copper repipe would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best tap flexi hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock