Search the forum,

Discuss Best system boiler???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Soon to be taking over my old dears house and will be planning to upgrade system...
Just wondering what you guys think are the best oil system boilers on the market? As I'm only gas Safe I don't deal with any oil.

Probably looking at a 24kw output

I dont know about oil boilers but WB will give you £250 cashback if you fit one in your own house

Viessmann but depends on what system your planning

I have found Grant boilers to be cheaper and well built (in U.K.) and reliable. Recently fitted a Mistral which I found to be of equal standing.

Where are all the old oily guys?
One thing I recently read elsewhere was how important it is to have it on a level base if yours is going outside on a base that is.

A concrete base. Like you would have for a shed, just not as big.

Will be installed internally. Basically just want the most reliable oil boiler at a reasonable price. Grant or Worcester seem to be the most spoke about.

Ive just asked a pal of mine that only does oil and he said grant every time. Would be a heat pump for me if of grid gas

I am an oil guy and the only boiler I would use is Grant - the Vortex model. You can get it in a 21-26 kw to suit your job and it could be adjusted at commissioning to whatever power in that range you require, using appropriate nozzle size and pump pressure etc to MIs.
I personally prefer to use a standard Grant boiler and put any sealed system components (exp vessel & filling loop etc) outside the boiler if possible, which makes servicing easier later, but not essential.
Reason I opt for Grant boilers is they are well built and fairly easy to service as they are simple but clever designed. (The flue gas route from main heat exchanger to secondary exchanger is cleverly designed using a single door).
They have high efficiency and proven reliability.
Unfortunately though they are not made in U.K. but actually are all made in Southern Ireland as far as I am aware.
Worcester Bosch HE oil boilers are over complicated and too expensive.
I dislike Warmflow boilers because of their design and other problems.

I am an oil guy and the only boiler I would use is Grant - the Vortex model. You can get it in a 21-26 kw to suit your job and it could be adjusted at commissioning to whatever power in that range you require, using appropriate nozzle size and pump pressure etc to MIs.
I personally prefer to use a standard Grant boiler and put any sealed system components (exp vessel & filling loop etc) outside the boiler if possible, which makes servicing easier later, but not essential.
Reason I opt for Grant boilers is they are well built and fairly easy to service as they are simple but clever designed. (The flue gas route from main heat exchanger to secondary exchanger is cleverly designed using a single door).
They have high efficiency and proven reliability.
Unfortunately though they are not made in U.K. but actually are all made in Southern Ireland as far as I am aware.
Worcester Bosch HE oil boilers are over complicated and too expensive.
I dislike Warmflow boilers because of their design and other problems.
Thanks best, great input. So your saying a conventional boiler would be better than a system boiler and just add the pump expansion etc afterwards...thought it would of been more expensive this way?

Thanks best, great input. So your saying a conventional boiler would be better than a system boiler and just add the pump expansion etc afterwards...thought it would of been more expensive this way?

I am not actually sure what the price difference would be between the the basic model and the system model. But I can check that out and cost of each boiler at my region and pm you later.
I guess expansion vessel for your requirement and separate filling loop could be bought for £40. Circulating pump and valves perhaps under £100 and then just a pressure relief 3 bar valve (ideally at boiler) for a few pounds.
But I suppose a system boiler is neater.
The expansion vessels are limited in litre size in system boilers though and I prefer to size them bigger, which is the advantage of fitting components external to the boiler.

What flue will you be using? Through roof vertical or out through a wall horizontal?

I could go horizontal but the plume will probably be a nuisance for me so will just go through the roof. 3meters vertically.

I'm with best grant vortex Worcester too much plastic and need to dismantle casing to make connections Grant all the way....brum

Reply to Best system boiler???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock