Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Best Public Liability & Tool insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom_plumb

tom_plumb Guest

Ah! I do a few shops, offices and other commercial type places so that's prob why my current insurer is slightly more. Will still give this other company a look though once it comes up for renewal.

2. TerryH

TerryH Member

Just had a quote from Tradesman Saver for £84!!!
    Simply Business wanted £218.
    TS are e-mailing the details to me but it includes hot work, £1000 tools & £2m PL insurance.
    Absolute bargain (once I've read the small print).
    TerryH
    :rockon2:

3. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

Think that's the cheapest anyone's had here so far. I'm well happy with my deal from Tradesman Saver and hope their prices stay like that because I'll begrudge paying anything over £120 in the future. Hopefully I'll never have to use it and fork out those excesses.

4. TerryH

TerryH Member

Just to keep you all updated.
    I applied for an insurance quote, as I said in my post above, and asked for confirmation by e-mail, which arrived this afternoon.
    The e-mail was infected by a Trojan horse virus which was detected by my anti-virus software and blocked.
    Next thing is to 'phone the company.
    TerryH

5. nowucit

nowucit Guest

be really interested to know how you get once you have the small print . £84 is brill, well as long as there are great big holes to fall down :)

6. ratrace

ratrace Plumber GSR

Our renewal is up in a couple of weeks. We were paying £468 for the year for 2 million and £2,500 tools/equipment. The cheapest i can get so far is with corgi and they want £787 for slightly less cover. Annoyed and baffled. Just tried this tradesman saver, hopefully they will cheer me up when they call back.

7. rocketmanbkk

rocketmanbkk Plumber

I heard on the radio today about direct line price matching their like for like,

had a look and it was over double what I paid with tradesman saver with the same levels.

8. nowucit

nowucit Guest

Be great if you could share how you get on.

9. ratrace

ratrace Plumber GSR

I just dont understand how it is near double with no claims. All that has changed is we are now a limited company. Corgi said that isnt affecting there quote it is just what it is. Im fuming.

10. rocketmanbkk

rocketmanbkk Plumber

This is my first public liability so I thought if pay through the nose, not the case. I was very surprised.

11. rocketmanbkk

rocketmanbkk Plumber

I am a one man band, no employees etc. maybe more for more people but don't know why yours has doubled.

12. ratrace

ratrace Plumber GSR

There is 2 of us. Tradesman saver were useless as well. They wanted over £900????? without boilers/gas work it went down to £213. Is anybody else up for renewal about now? This is ridiculous.

13. rocketmanbkk

rocketmanbkk Plumber

Ok, I am not gas safe so no boiler gas etc, no commercial etc.

I must be basic of basic.

14. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

Do you do commercial gas or something?

15. ratrace

ratrace Plumber GSR

No, no commercial.