Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Best Public Liability & Tool insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. rocketmanbkk

rocketmanbkk Plumber

I am a one man band, no employees etc. maybe more for more people but don't know why yours has doubled.

2. ratrace

ratrace Plumber GSR

There is 2 of us. Tradesman saver were useless as well. They wanted over £900????? without boilers/gas work it went down to £213. Is anybody else up for renewal about now? This is ridiculous.

3. rocketmanbkk

rocketmanbkk Plumber

Ok, I am not gas safe so no boiler gas etc, no commercial etc.

I must be basic of basic.

4. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

Do you do commercial gas or something?

5. ratrace

ratrace Plumber GSR

No, no commercial.

6. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

Trying to make sense of this quote you have from TS, they want £700 more if you mention gas?

7. ratrace

ratrace Plumber GSR

And boilers, yes. Speaking to direct line then and they were saying there has been a lot of massive claims from the plumbing and heating industry and insurers do not want to know and those that do are loading the premiums?

8. JJ The Plumber

JJ The Plumber GSR

Been following this thread recently as my PLI is due and I'm amazed at the prices, mine has jumped up by nearly £200. I have another year no claim and still it goes up.
    Insurance is just a complete racket, the robbing B*stards.
    Don't bother with Direct Line they were £300 over the cheapest quote so far.
    I'm still searching, if I find anything decent I'll let you know.

Cheers

9. Barry98

Barry98 Guest

I agree I've just cancelled ours with direct line

10. JJ The Plumber

JJ The Plumber GSR

Guys try Insure My Liability.
    I got a price on their site last night but didn't go any further as I'd had enough of the computer, my eyes were shot.
    Today got a call from them and she asked how good the price was (they were the cheapest I found) I told her it was ok but I'm still looking.
    Within 30 seconds she knocked off £25.00 so I paid for it there and then, job done.
    Emailed everything through within the hour so I'm a happy bunny.

11. ratrace

ratrace Plumber GSR

At least its not just us being ripped off. How much did you get it for in the end mate?

12. abc_plumb

abc_plumb GSR

Guys going for Trade Saver and stating they are Plumbers please be aware of the following

This is from their quote they email you.

Policy Endorsement
    In respect of your Plumber (General Domestic) business We will not indemnify You against legal
    liability in respect of
    Work other than on private dwelling houses, shops, offices, public houses, guest houses, hotels and single
    storey commercial properties and not exceeding 10 metres in height in respect of external work.
    Work involving the installation service maintenance or repair of air conditioning equipment other than in
    private dwellings and not exceeding 10 metres in height in respect of external work.
    Work involving the installation service maintenance or repair of Boilers

So if you work on boilers this is not for you. I knew £82 was too good to be true. :cry_smile:
    The search continues!!

13. Plum Bob 66

Plum Bob 66 Guest

It's not a case of too good to be true if you did read it and don't work on boilers , hence why it's good for some and not for others. That's the point of ts & cs . You make the choice dependant on the type of cover your business requires..!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Simon F

Simon F Trusted Plumber GSR

my insurance is now due so I went on the Trademan saver site
    quote came in at over £400 noticed some bits that needed increasing/adding
    ended up about £800!
    so no good for me.

15. Dan

Dan Admin

Just bumping this old thread.

16. Fallon1982

Fallon1982 Plumber

Gladiator are worth giving you a quote... I couldn't find anyone close to what they come up with. £288 for 2 million cover a 500 tool cover.

17. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

i would say 500 isnt enough for tools thats one drill or fga tbh 5k isnt really enough

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  18. Jay The Plumber

Jay The Plumber Active Member

resurrecting old thread..

anyone got recommendations for both Public liability and tool insurance ?
    cant find anything under nearly £900 / year :(

19. michael c

michael c Plumber GSR

I've been quoted 660 with direct line for £5 million cover and employee called a comparison company and they wouldn't quote as said wouldn't even get close to a grand I almost choked.

20. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

trade direct are about £600.00 for me with 5 million cover

21. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

• Like Like x 2
  22. Jay The Plumber

Jay The Plumber Active Member

right boys, in the end I found cover for £176 per year with 2 million..

intasure

the next cheapest was the fella above and they wanted £450

23. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

Yep I use Intasure always great advice and very reasonable, they wont cover over £5m though so if you need it higher your gonna have to look elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Masood

Masood Guest

£137.17 for 2 million cover with Intasure. Cannot find a better deal...

• Like Like x 1
  25. MasterBusiness

MasterBusiness New Member

Ive had a couple of quotes from One Call as I have my car insurance with them. I have £1500 tool cover and 2million for liability at £340! Also have a referral discount for family and friends etc if you give them a bell and say you have been recommended you can have £30 discount need to give them this referral code though RECSM1 £300 decent for it

26. JAH HEATING

JAH HEATING Plumber GSR

Henry Seymour have just sent myself my new price out for my upcoming renewa, £278 plus £25 fee.

27. JAH HEATING

JAH HEATING Plumber GSR

Intasure £102 that's for £1 million

A plan do tool cover upto £2500 for either £38 or £88.

Surely they said £88

28. Dan

Dan Admin