Search the forum,

Discuss Best place for end feed or capillary fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Cox

Gas Engineer
I am looking for a good place to buy in bulk end feed and capillary fittings, I have looked at BES but don't think they are very cheap can anyone recommend anywhere please.

Try Williams, not always the cheapest though!

JTM Plumbing I’ve used them quite a few times for fittings

IF you want decent ones get yorkshire branded end feed ones

Do you need to buy in bulk ? just means you have loads of stock sitting around, unless you have a high volume of work its not always worth the outlay.

Do you need to buy in bulk ? just means you have loads of stock sitting around, unless you have a high volume of work its not always worth the outlay.

Agree , I used to by too much in bulk , but have stopped now , however generally buy of JTM plumbing , good value and superb delivery

I just thought it would work out cheaper to buy in bulk and I would not have to keep going to merchants for just 1 item
its awkward when there is no local merchant where your working

I just thought it would work out cheaper to buy in bulk and I would not have to keep going to merchants for just 1 item
its awkward when there is no local merchant where your working
I use the Stanley storage box's and find they hold enough for every day use (common fittings 15 & 22) if you get the deep case its surprising how meny they hold, larger jobs just buy extra as needed, and you don't save that much buying in bulk, + you tend to loose quite a lot rolling around in the van

Try Williams, not always the cheapest though!
Ive been doing some book work today and I have found Williams not cheap at all. Local builders merchants that we use for example are 25% cheaper in the same month for everyday material such as pipe and fittings I was surprised today when I looked and found that screwfix are ÂŁ20 cheaper for a pack copper

Ive been doing some book work today and I have found Williams not cheap at all. Local builders merchants that we use for example are 25% cheaper in the same month for everyday material such as pipe and fittings I was surprised today when I looked and found that screwfix are ÂŁ20 cheaper for a pack copper

Yep always said they weren't but service is ok

Isn’t there copper thin though?

ALso, if you buy too many they become severely tarnished (oxidised) and you end up spending daft time cleaning them properly so the solder flows cleanly every time.

I agree with everyone else. Keep a stock qty then buy additional as needed. Cheap ones WILL fail you for all manner of reasons BUT the most expensive are also rarely worth it IMHO. Find what you like and stick to 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best place for end feed or capillary fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm considering fitting an isolator valve to 15mm feed to my toliet cistern. It would require cutting off an existing compression fitting for a flex hose, after which I'd only be left with maybe an inch and a half of pipe. I've never fitted a compression fitting before, can someone...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am fitting a new bathroom, and changing the layout. I've fitted one bathroom before, but I did have issues with smells occasionally, that makes me think I might be fitting the waste system wrong. Does anyone with experience know, does the below look okay? I've read on some places...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock