Search the forum,

Discuss Best pipe tube carriers - how thief proof are they? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the first generation Rhino tube and indeed the lock are useless.

With the filth on our streets at the moment I have to cut all my copper up and keep it in the van.

Well I'll only purchase a naff product the once, I think I paid around £250-£300 even 5 years ago for a pair. After losing, well I didn't lose it, it was stolen over £600 of copper, calling Rhino's customer service about the poor locking mechanism with little satisfaction. I personally would not buy from them again. I don't expect it to bother them as the purchase is a one off maybe every 4 or 5 years when the van gets renewed. I'm not bothered whether there's 2nd 3rd or any other kind of generation on the market now, I bought in good faith a product from them, that was marketed as being tough, secure and robust. It was not and it was sold / purchased not fit for it's purpose.

I carry my copper in square gutter down pipes screwed to the inside of the van. It's secure and keeps the cost of fuel down.

I made my new van a MWB van so I could store them inside alongwith the ladders. All racked away and by not having the rack, ladder and pipe carriers on the roof the fuel cost is cheaper than my old SWB van.

Don't know how much of that is down to the vans being different makes/models though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best pipe tube carriers - how thief proof are they? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock