Search the forum,

Discuss best pipe bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lps

hi there ,

i am just about to start a plumbing biz , i am just getting all the tools i need , what is the best pipe bender and blow torch ?? i have herd the rothenburg are the best is that right ??

help thanks

hi there ,

i am just about to start a plumbing biz , i am just getting all the tools i need , what is the best pipe bender and blow torch ?? i have herd the rothenburg are the best is that right ??

help thanks

Rothenburg for blow lamp
Hilmore for bender
How long you been plumbing??

Rothenburg for blow lamp
Hilmore for bender
How long you been plumbing??

Totally agree

But I have the bacho 15mm bender with built in form. Much quicker for install work than then hilmor

If your not doin install the bacho is a big investment for the odd job of bending

Use my cm35 nearly all the time only use hand bender for doing cylinder etc

cant beat a stand bender, but i dont use mine to often because i always think some idiot will nick it and weigh it in, so i only get it out for 28mm+ now.

Totally agree

But I have the bacho 15mm bender with built in form. Much quicker for install work than then hilmor

If your not doin install the bacho is a big investment for the odd job of bending

can you get really tight bends on this bender? ive got a record solo 15mm bender (£6 of ebay) which i find can bend tighter sets etc.. than most standard hand benders benders.

can you get really tight bends on this bender? ive got a record solo 15mm bender (£6 of ebay) which i find can bend tighter sets etc.. than most standard hand benders benders.

Im intrigued with the new solo benders, after a quick look on ebay the Bahco one is about £120.00 quid and the record one nearly 30 quid... I think il pass on the idea for now! Looks like you got a bargain with yours AW!!

thanks for your reply's guys it has given me something to think about

Hilmor bender
Bullfinch Firepower torch (more controllable than the Rothenberger)

So the Bahco ones you need a bender for each size pipe then, bit pricy at 130 quid for 15mm if also needing one for 22mm or even 10mm.

Great wrenches but can't see me having £300 in benders in tool box

best pipe bender :)

strong arms is the answer to this and a good eye and lots off pipe work to train on

Im intrigued with the new solo benders, after a quick look on ebay the Bahco one is about £120.00 quid and the record one nearly 30 quid... I think il pass on the idea for now! Looks like you got a bargain with yours AW!!

I had my bacho for £55 and thought it was worth a punt

If you think about how many 22 bends you pull on a system install compared to 15. You do alot more 15. And I found myself with the improved and easier accuracy of the bacho pulling nearly every bend and using only couplers and tees

It's true thou you cannot pull a tight set, but you can do 90* plus bends. I know this isn't very often but there have been situations in which I have used it

If you shop around I know you can get them for about £90. More if a gadget with the benefit that you won't misplace a former

Hilmor benders no question.

I use a Bernzomatic TS7000 blow torch, looks exactly the same as the Rothenberger SF2 and its half the price. Quality is spot on.

it was a bargin, seller had found it in the back of a shed new in the box and did not know what it was, it had about 20years of dust on it. I think the record solo is no longer made which is a shame you can get 180* bends really tight, i get alot neater pipework of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best pipe bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock