Search the forum,

Discuss Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small tear caused by a boiler casing when removing old boiler last week. I bought 2 pairs about July 13. Last pair now in need of repair. The old heavy gauge ones are much better but now buying Strauss direct pants and snickers knee pads.
ehy4u6aj.jpg

There not the floorlayers trousers
I only wear the old 5223

New improved design is crap need old 5223 hard to get but still available if your persistent with searching

I got the redbacks in the end, they are so much better than those foam ones employers give you. Only thing I would suggest is if they had a small gel pad where your knees rest on the inside to make it a bit more comfortable when kneeling for long periods. As after a while you start to feel the hexagon shapes they are made out of bedding into your knees a little. But still the best knee pads I have used so far. ÂŁ18 of amazon and seem like they will last the year.

Gave up on kneepads and bought a gel kneeling mat. Not cheap but by far more comfortable and you can also use it to sit on when working in cramped conditions.

Never had an issue before but after this housemaids knee crap I'm sawing them off next time.

geda8ajy.jpg

I once worked with a guy who got that housemaids knee.
He's not here now :sad:

Apart from the 2nd degree burns I once had. Nothing more painful.

Too much church I told the doc but she didn't believe me...

I had that happen to me last year but it was after a fall playing squash.

I have been using Redbacks for over a year now and my knee pain has gone since using them. I got through loads of other types of knee pads, Redbacks don't seem to wear out.

Just ordered those new snickers kneepads. My snickers 9118 are goosed after 2 years

been using my redbacks for a couple of weeks now and must say they are very comfortable if a little heavy, i need to wear a belt to keep my trousers up.

Hi all I was a marble floor layer for 22 years and the best knee pad are the big red ones designed by a German knee surgeon! They cost ÂŁ50 and are bright red!! But when you put them on you will know they will last and are a top class bit of kit.

Just ordered a pair of those Redbacks. They look like they will be brill.

Just ordered those new snickers kneepads. My snickers 9118 are goosed after 2 years

Mine too. Wondered why my left knee has been a bit swollen and sore recently. Stupid thing is I didn't even think to check my kneepads. They are punctured and the foam beans inside have come out in the middle. Problem explained then!

The Snickers trousers I bought 4 months back already have a massive rip in them too. Not very impressed with Snickers these days, will look around next time.

Beautiful . It's like being rubbed by two lady's all day long.think mine are image ones I love bib and brace . Bought stupid pouches but never need them.

Beautiful . It's like being rubbed by two lady's all day long.think mine are image ones I love bib and brace . Bought stupid pouches but never need them.

I prefer the es style stuff.

on a note i said about toughbuilt, used them all day, they have cut into my legs.

so despite what they said, defo need to go over trousers.

back the the maguire ones with shorts!

If you order two sizes you get free return in every item. Also if they rip or come in stitched free replacements. One of my braces was ripped off and pulled threads, sent bCk and got new pair even though they were 3 months old!

If you order two sizes you get free return in every item. Also if they rip or come in stitched free replacements. One of my braces was ripped off and pulled threads, sent bCk and got new pair even though they were 3 months old!

Had a strauss es style work jacket (the weather proof one) turn up today.
http://www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk/...jacket_e_s_motion-3131660-65195-277-1328.html

along with a dozen purple tee shirts.

now i wasn't going to use purple for a company top but every customer told me how it suited...

Fml

Last edited:
I am not being funny lads but 6 yes six pages of plumbers waxing lyrical about sodding knee pads & yes I know how important protection is if you want a long installing career in this business.
Why can't you lot manage with what us oldens used, if we lucky, i.e. two bits of 50mm Armoflex lagging split down its length opened out & held in place with single strand wire.
Youngsters of today I don't know, everything has become a fashion statement. :smile5: :yawn:

Last edited:
When I was a boy we split horse hair and asbestos clad chicken wire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock