Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Best first time insurer in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plumber.

plumber. Guest

I'm looking to do plumbing and heating work but not gas.

Any have any recommendations on any good companies, also how much would i be expecting to pay?

Thanks

2. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

Search Tradesman saver. Best price on new customer & renewal for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. leek

leek Plumber GSR

Hi Plumber,

First time we insured we did it through the bank (it was Natwest at the time) as when we opened the business account we got a quite substantial discount. Now I tend to ring a local broker and get the best price, think our last renewal was about £350. Hope that helps.

4. northstar

northstar Plumber

what price did you get ?

5. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

Just over £100 for £2 million, £1500 tool cover. Hardly any different on renewal

6. leek

leek Plumber GSR

Should have said the cover we got was for gas too. Not sure if we have tool cover?

7. T & H Plumbing

T & H Plumbing Plumber

seems pretty spot on this service

i just done a quick quote and for doing domestic plumbing with no gas i was quoted just under £200 for 2 mill cover

• Like Like x 1
  8. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Wow! This post deserves bumping. I just got a quote for £1m at the pricely sum of £79.50.

9. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Cost is one thing, but what are these cheap companies like when it's time to pay out?
    I've had a tool claim this year, and got paid relatively quickly.

10. brum

brum Plumber

It seems that if you have been bankrupt in the past you have to pay more also if you have ccjs the same you pay more WHY its an accidental damage insurance your paying for..brum

11. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Good point, but to be honest, unless all my tools went at the same time I probably wouldn't be claiming on the insurance, it's just the public liability I'm after. I don't think it's worth losing your no claims status for a couple of hundred notes.
    My old insurance was with C.I.G. and I just cancelled it. It was £243 this year which was bumped up to about £280 with interest due to monthly payments, so I'll be saving £200.

12. iiplumbing

iiplumbing Plumber

My current cover is with towergate, last year we paid about £250 this year they quoted £425 as "best price" and when I queried it they bought that best price down to £350.

I thought robbing *******s so when they called me I said stuff off I'll look elsewhere, linked in with this post and took leelister's suggestion and on a quick quote £2mil, £1500 tools told me premium was 95 nicker.

So that's that then I'm off to tradesman saver.. so long towergate

Russ

PS Cheers Leelister