Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Best drain down hose - what do you use? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Same stuff but there's a place not far away that manufactures it. I bought 1/2" and 3/8" hoses for draining and siphoning off. I also bought some 1 1/4" for something else.
    I have had them for Donkeys Years now. They have got shorter by 2" every so often as I sometimes cut bits off when the ends split. I use those hoses because I can see through them and they seldom kink.

There you go, an in depth report on the hoses used by Last Plumber on a day to day basis.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Purge ?

3. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Correctamundo

4. Zippymark

Zippymark GSR

I got one of the orange rubber ones that have already been posted, it cost about £25 but i'm so glad i did, i spent so long unravelling the garden hose i had and trying to un kink it. Also it's bendier so lays flatter and drains down easier.

5. brucethegas

brucethegas New Member

+1 for the Regin.

The rubber is good for 7 or 8 years

6. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

You need to spend good money to get a good hose. Those rubber ones are decent but short. I brought 50m of hozlock garden hose there top of the range anti Knick and cut it into 4 lengths. Longest only used to drain tanks and cylinder. Had it for 10 years plus, still in great condition.

7. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

8. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Let us know any updates/ cons please as I'm interested but the price is a sticky point

9. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

There is another version of it around but cannot remember what it is called.

10. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber

It would certainly save having to try to use the ballcock as a means of filling the hose and getting the siphon going. Nothing quite so satisfying as siphoning out the crud from a cistern.

£18 for a one-way valve does seem a lot, but in the scheme of things...

I look forward to hearing how well this works.

11. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

Hi Shaun, been away for a while sorry...

It works exactly as claimed by the manufacturer/company. I've used it a few times now and it's now a permanent part of my kit. Had to squeeze it onto a length of hose by warming the hose with boiling water which gave it a nice tight fit. No idea how much they are but they're pretty basic in design and build, almost on the side of quite cheap looking but it does the job and it does it well. I highly recommend - no more sucking the end of a dirty hose for me.

Get one, seriously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1