Search the forum,

Discuss Best cleaner for a thermalstore? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a customer that is moving into a property with a thermal store. As with her previous property she would like all the heating etc. cleaned before she moves in. What would you all suggest would be the best cleaner to use?
I quite often use sentinel x800 for dirty systems. Any useful suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

You could use x800 for the system but you should be able to drain as much of the muck in the cylinder by just draining it

As Shaun says on this one.

I drain the thermal store from hot a couple of times with the water in rads circulating on the reheat. (My own "was installed by Wimpey before i got into trade" - gledhill boilermate for my sins.....)

Then 2 or 3 bottles of quality cleaners due the store/system fluid capacity in for ideally a min of a few hrs or ideally a day to loosen all the remaining gunk up followed by a full store & rad drain down (rads off & reverse flushed with hosepipe)

New system filter if none fitted or cruddy one installed & then refill with chemicals to correct dosage.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best cleaner for a thermalstore? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock