Search the forum,

Discuss Best budget unvented system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys as above, what is the best budget price unvented system boiler on the market at the moment?
I'm trying to price up for a customer but it's been a long time since I changed one of these. The customers current boiler is a cheap make with all sorts wrong with it and will cost a minimum of £300 in parts alone plus alot of work to get back to good condition.
They have a limited budget so trying to find the best compromise for them.

Best or budget what do you want?
How much do you want to spend

When I've looked ideal do one with 5 years warranty which from Williams and co total cost including a magna clean would be around £830 but I have no experience of this boiler.
Intergas are a similar price but I'm not sure how long the warranty is as I am not one of their platinum registered installers.
Main (I'm a baxi man) are cheap for a system boiler but would require an expansion vessel, prv and gauge fitted extra which isn't really practical.
So really for boiler and flue budget is around £800, looking for the best boiler for compromise between warranty, reliability, cost of parts etc.
Their current boiler is 24kw so looking to exchange for same size (although it is only a two bed property)

Cheers clarky, I hadn't received any advice so decided to push the customer to go for a baxi megaflow 24he ERP. Got the boiler,flue,magnaclean and chemicals for £994 from plumb centre.
I could of gotten an ideal independent for much cheaper (was told it's the same as a logic, just only available to independent merchants and not national chains) but I'm not a huge fan of ideal boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best budget unvented system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock