Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Best budget unvented system boiler in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. michael c

michael c Plumber GSR

Hi guys as above, what is the best budget price unvented system boiler on the market at the moment?
    I'm trying to price up for a customer but it's been a long time since I changed one of these. The customers current boiler is a cheap make with all sorts wrong with it and will cost a minimum of £300 in parts alone plus alot of work to get back to good condition.
    They have a limited budget so trying to find the best compromise for them.

2. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Best or budget what do you want?
    How much do you want to spend

3. michael c

michael c Plumber GSR

When I've looked ideal do one with 5 years warranty which from Williams and co total cost including a magna clean would be around £830 but I have no experience of this boiler.
    Intergas are a similar price but I'm not sure how long the warranty is as I am not one of their platinum registered installers.
    Main (I'm a baxi man) are cheap for a system boiler but would require an expansion vessel, prv and gauge fitted extra which isn't really practical.
    So really for boiler and flue budget is around £800, looking for the best boiler for compromise between warranty, reliability, cost of parts etc.
    Their current boiler is 24kw so looking to exchange for same size (although it is only a two bed property)

4. clarky101

clarky101 Plumber GSR

Check the Alphas out, becoming pretty decent...

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. michael c

michael c Plumber GSR

Cheers clarky, I hadn't received any advice so decided to push the customer to go for a baxi megaflow 24he ERP. Got the boiler,flue,magnaclean and chemicals for £994 from plumb centre.
    I could of gotten an ideal independent for much cheaper (was told it's the same as a logic, just only available to independent merchants and not national chains) but I'm not a huge fan of ideal boilers.