Search the forum,
  • Thread starter jack.frost
  • Start date
  • Replies 59
  • Views 14K

Discuss best blowtorch... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the cheapest place to get a super fire 2?

Also to use it on a sievert gas bottle you need an adaptor I'm sure, how much are they does anyone know? Or is there another brand/type gas bottle that you don't need an adaptor for?

Sievert is the same gas bottle as the primus 2000
you need an adapter to connect a primus 2000 to a superfire 2, it'll cost you around £14, a ripoff imo

btw, both a refill bottle and a disposable bottle cost roughly the same price, but you get more gas in a disposable.

Bernzomatic is essentially the same as the SF2 but comes with a better nozzle as standard and is cheaper.

The superfire is just a trademarked name, it is made by Bernzomatic, Rotenburger do not make or manufacture tools, they license tools from others who do and in the case of the SF, slap on £20 - £40 extra.

If anyone likes the superfire, then buy it from the company that makes it and save yourself some dosh.

Ill get back to you Simon, it does have a manufacturer number which corresponds to 3 different brands.

It is BenzTS7000 and BenzTS8000.

Don't get the lesser model sold by Screwfix @ 50 quid as it has no adjustment screw and thus is useless for Plumbers and is a rip off price anyway.

I found the ts8000 for £54
For 84. I can get
Sf2
Map gas
Tool bag
Roth grips

Why would I spend £54+delivery
Roth will get my money everytime

That is the model above the SF, the TS7000 is the one you want to look at if you want a direct comparison (better burn tip on the Benz), get them for £40 delivered, Mapp is £10 a can, the bag and grips aren't worth owning.

Last edited by a moderator:
The weak point on them all is the safety fracture groove, i would prefer them not to have it, they are not a requirement in Britain due to our pressure receptacle regulations.

I was meaning SF2 btw.

I'm an SF2 man with the sf nozzle on.
When you've destroyed the sf2 you can get a spares kit to change the igniter, all the buttons and adjustment nozzle and filters for about £25.

I'm an SF2 man with the sf nozzle on.
When you've destroyed the sf2 you can get a spares kit to change the igniter, all the buttons and adjustment nozzle and filters for about £25.
Yeah but if the SFG goes you have had it anyway, makes more sense to just buy a new one that has a warranty.

We must be from different parts of the country because I just don't understand your way of talking. Sorry
In America, 23 states (out of 50) require in their code, a safety fracture groove in torches sold to public.

I have had a few drinks bud, not sure which bit i am getting wrong?

Yeah but if the SFG goes you have had it anyway, makes more sense to just buy a new one that has a warranty.
Other then parts wearing out I've not had any problems, what problems have you had Gas?

Ask ray if hes doing the hotbag deal still.

We are still doing the hotbag deal Kay-Jay, but I don't think antdad is trade, so whilst I am sure he is a fine chap, we wouldn't be open to him.

And that is a good price he has on the basic torch.

Thanks for the thought though.

http://i.*********/J1W0sfv.jpg?1

I hate to say it Gas but you are correct with what you say.
Have you ever seen the images of SF2/TS7000 users that have been terribly burnt with these ?

No one ever mentions the Monument Vulcan torch ? Anyone ever tried one ?

After due consideration I went for a Monument 3450 which looks solid enough and doesn't have a fracture groove at about the right price at just over £33 inc del.

Best I could do for SF2 was £55 and Benzo 7000 at £48 from Amazon.

benzo do make rothys torches. rothy do make some off there own stuff but most of the stuff you will find in plumbers merchants is rebranded and some is very poor quality.

the best torch depends on what your doing imo. I can solder 35mm copper with a small flamed torch if im indoors. if im doing first fixing in the winter and theres no doors and windows in then ill get either my turbo torch or one of the rothys out. somestimes ill even use me old primus set if im running low of mapp gas.

this is the torch i use 99% of the time, dont burn the wall paper or or the back of the cupboards so its idea for diyer/novice to learn from.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GoSystem-Fi...=UTF8&qid=1388344532&sr=1-7&keywords=GoSystem

've had the Monument 3450 for a day or so and I've been quite impressed with the build quality, solid die cast body, stainless tube and tip. Nice flame adjustment too as I relocated a radiator.

I bought it new off fleabay for £30 inc del, so it may do as a spare as it takes the same MAP bottles. It isn't plastic bodied, it's dip coated and very solid.

Monument Gas Torch Soldering Iron & Brazing Piezo Torch 3450G MAPP Fits CGA600 | eBay

Toolstation > Hand Tools > Soldering Torches & Accessories > Piezo Ignition Turbo Torch

I have the Roth SF2 with map and I love it.. My Colleague uses an old refill primus! (It's handy for getting into tight spaces) but I find my SF2 much better!!

Using turbo torch extreme ... Much better then my sf2 , has a pencil tip flame and 3 years warranty.... If it ever stops lighting first time they replace for brand new torch head. Very durable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best blowtorch... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm thinking about replacing a radiator or two. This will almost certainly require some soldering, although not much. As a bit of a novice, but not a complete and utter idiot, I was planning to use Yorkshire fittings (and not only because my wife is from Yorkshire, although that helps!) and a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I want to start offering finance options to customers and wondered which providers is best. I looked into Kanda but wasn't impressed. Which ones would you recommend. TIA
Replies
Views
D
So my hot water tank is barely 3 years old and a recent service check tells me the tempering valve is on the way out It's a Hydroboss brand from Tradelink and I'm keen not to replace crap with crap So what are the best brands of valves on the market ? The plumber recommended AVG
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a recommendation for a heat only boiler to replace my 30yrs old ideal boiler. Any makes you would recommend and any to avoid? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what model would I replace it with and how would I replace it if I changed the model! I would like to change the type of model to a lever one. I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock