Search the forum,
  • Thread starter jack.frost
  • Start date
  • Replies 59
  • Views 14K

Discuss best blowtorch... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jack.frost

What blowtorch make/model do people recommend

I use the superfire 2 but prefer the ts7000 its a more controlled flame

See if got a superfire 2 but the flame is too big , iv tried using turbo extreme torch... Seems pretty good to be honest..
Superfire 3 out now aswel

I just went to look up our sales of torches to see what was moving.

Was gob-smacked to find that the Superfire 2 had only sold a few hundred! What's going on?

Then I remembered the Rothenberger "hot-bag" promotion which included an SF2 torch. Phew - a nice large 4 figure number. :)

Aaaaaandddd, relaxxxxxx. :)

Do you stock the tips that have been mentioned ray?

We list a whole range of Superfire bits and pieces KB, but none of them sell more than a few dozen. The basic torch in its standard configuration sells many thousands.

Can u locate c type tip? Every one can get b type but c went out of production or out of supply? I will buy 10 c type for ÂŁ0.01 each please??

I bought a Go System torch from eBay - similar design to the Rothenburger, but cheaper and probably ok for occasional DIY use. Gets hotter than my old butane torch!

Superfire2. I had the Bullfinch one for a while but it was poorly constructed and fell apart after a few months.

Bernzomatic all day long. American I believe and part of the irwin tools group.

Really? Will get a picture of ones I mean, the tips are battered as had them for years and years and years .

[DLMURL="http://www.rothenberger.com.au/cgi-bin/object/catalogue.pl?mode=get_product_by_product_category&brand=&product_category_id=32&rothen_rothenbergerproduct-order_by=display_order&rothen_rothenbergerproduct-page=1&rothen_rothenbergerproduct-view=211&rothen_rothenbergerproduct-viewing=1"]Rothenberger Australia PTY LTD - Product Catalogue[/DLMURL]

and,i might incur the wrath of ray posting this one

Rothenberger swirl flame burner & jet

Last edited by a moderator:
As just about everyone has said sf2 cracking bit of kit the guy I served my time with said it wouldn't last long, some people just won't change with the times.

Yep u see the one marked E that's the one have a few in van it mostly all goners

No brainer - Superfire 2, if it broke or got nicked, I would just go buy another.

I had a benzomatic and it fell apart in about 3 months. I generally get about 18 months out of a SF2.

Seivert Metal Jet - also known as SuperFire 3 in USA and Aus.

Far better than a SF2

I had a benzomatic and it fell apart in about 3 months. I generally get about 18 months out of a SF2.

Uou must have got a lemon then mike. Mines 3 years old at least. Been dropped and knocked off stuff and kicked about loads. Still going strong.

Better nozzle and better control and better price

Absolute no brainer. I would defo replace with same

Where is the cheapest place to get a super fire 2?

Also to use it on a sievert gas bottle you need an adaptor I'm sure, how much are they does anyone know? Or is there another brand/type gas bottle that you don't need an adaptor for?

Where is the cheapest place to get a super fire 2?

Also to use it on a sievert gas bottle you need an adaptor I'm sure, how much are they does anyone know? Or is there another brand/type gas bottle that you don't need an adaptor for?

No you don't mate. A Roth MAPP or propane goes straight on. You're thinking of the British Gas power jet that would need an adaptor to fit a standard bottle.

Crossings. ÂŁ40
Do they have a site mate?
No you don't mate. A Roth MAPP or propane goes straight on. You're thinking of the British Gas power jet that would need an adaptor to fit a standard bottle.
Right cheers for that. Just I've seen people needing an adaptor of some sort but was always sure it was rothenberger though maybe a quick fire and not a superfire? Or am I completely wrong lol

use benzomatic and sf2 over last few years. prefer the benzo inside, smaller nozzle and better control. but sf2 has been a good un as well, much in the mould of ronnie barkers broom :) only issue I have is that flux seems to rot out the handles in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best blowtorch... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock