Search the forum,

Discuss Best adjustment Spanners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

evening all,

I’ve got wickes own Spanners but they are pure toilet!! What do you guys/woman recommend ? Are ox tools any decent

Thanks

Bahco also my choice, I have 3 of them, - two 8" and one wide jaw 'chromed' 8". Top class tools.
I have a couple of 15" adjustables which are Chinese, but although they were cheap, (£5 each or so about 25 years ago) they are excellent. I wouldn't want to pay the undoubtedly huge price for Bahco equivalent.
So, don't always rule out cheaper tools.

I have a couple of 15" adjustables which are Chinese, but although they were cheap, (£5 each or so about 25 years ago) they are excellent. I wouldn't want to pay the undoubtedly huge price for Bahco equivalent.
So, don't always rule out cheaper tools.

Not at all, but in your case as in mine you probably rarely use those 15" spanners compared to your smaller sizes when you'd really notice the difference in quality. Happy to have and occasionally use cheap tools especially for those odd occasions a few times a year when nothing else will do and as you say purchasing the quality equivalent would perhaps be prohibitive.

Today's bachos are still very good. If you want spend some time 2nd hand Older bacho spanners are even better. Just got search eBay and get the right price.

Bahco all the way, best for aj’s and also the water pump pliers that lock in position and don’t slip and pinch your hand

I believe everyone if us had the opportunity to work with some less expensive tools as we all started somewhere.anyone who tried bahco knows what’s the quality like if you look after them.

But as @Best has mentioned sometimes you can find som cheaper tools which are also great. However, I’d rather put my money towards good tools instead if buying twice. I mean not everyone is willing or able to spend the money for good tools. The pros who needs day in day out should straight away the right tools in the first place.

You will soon forget the high cost of quality tools once you begin to appreciate their performance.
Although I still am amazed at the quality of the “Made in China” 15 inch shifters I use every day that many years ago definitely cost me £5 brand new

As well as Bahco, I've got a Monument/Todays Tools 10" & 6", they're both wide jaw - they're OK but not as good as Bahco.

Also got a Nerrad Super Wide Stubby (not the aluminium one for wastes) that is an excellent bit of kit!

Yes but I prefer a pair of stills can use them for other things other than pumps

Yea depending if I can get it in the knipex 300mm pliers wrench fits pump nuts

Ive always had knipex "old school" pumps, but does anyone have any preference for the knipex with a button/ratchet on the head - thinking of trying a pair but knipex are knever cheap ??? o_O

Just got a pair of 10"/250mm Bilateral grips on Amazon, nearly £60 with delivery. Absolutely brilliant, fantastic bit of kit, heavy duty.
Will be getting 12"/300mm in due course, I think they make a 16"/400mm pair for big stuff would love them as well.

Reply to Best adjustment Spanners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock