Search the forum,

Discuss Bentone B11 burner always locking out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep a new EB1 in a case together with control boxes etc.
If it proves to have been the transformer, then I made the mistake of ruling it out because the spark (which I repeatedly tested several times on a couple of visits) was always very strong. Hard to know what approach would have been better, other than waiting for hours. Thankfully it is close to me.

Last edited:
I have come across these before when other so called engineers cant fix them so they tell the customer they need a new boiler.
hope it all works out best never easy these intermittent lockouts but we always get there in the end

Yes Kimbo, have seen a lot of fairly young boilers with brand new burners fitted where no doubt just a little part would have sorted the original burner. Or an entire new boiler as the customer probably is easy prey when they have an ongoing failing burner. I would always fix anything viable if cost isn't going to be close to a entirely new item. This time I wasted a few visits, but usually I don't take much time finding a fault - so really can't complain & I will stay easy going. :smile:

I didn't post on this as you know what your doing and I couldn't find anything that hadnt already been said, except have you done an FGA? Check its not over aired and blowing itself out.
Hopefully you fixed it anyway.

No worries Bunker, - I was only putting the question out there to see if anyone had came across similar problem.
I knew the combustion was fine, as had tested it after service & new nozzle, but it had been prior to that locking out. Burner is on a WB std utility boiler which I could set easily & firstly had been done by me at commissioning years ago. Boiler always started on press of lockout whether warm or cold start & co2 was I think above 11%, so was confident not over aired.

Last edited:
The posted problem is also a good example as to the fact that it is always a good idea to retain second hand burners from scrapped boilers as it can be far easier to swap a faulty burner (or parts from it) for a working second hand one to save messing about fault finding if you are very busy.

The posted problem is also a good example as to the fact that it is always a good idea to retain second hand burners from scrapped boilers as it can be far easier to swap a faulty burner (or parts from it) for a working second hand one to save messing about fault finding if you are very busy.

If it had been severe weather I would have swapped the burner. I have an old B11 burner would have done temp. I also have loads of electrical parts for them - better to have a second hand part than nothing.
Just an update on the boiler - no messages received, so the new EB1 transformer must have fixed it.

Just received a text from customer to thank me for sorting the boiler as it has been running fine with new transformer. Lesson is - don't assume a nice strong spark on several tests means a transformer won't fail intermittently.
Thanks for all the replies & help! :smile:

Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks Simon, - your first reply was spot on. You were lucky though! :smile: Let's call it an educated guess!
I did everything right, except i probably should have waited an hour at least, but just didn't find anything wrong.
Had one yesterday on a friends boiler - another EB1 but no spark & the back of transformer had a large blister. Seem to get a run of same things.

Did you change the control box too? Often this is caused by the box....cause and effect etc

On my friends boiler, I didnt replace the Satronic control box & that is a very good point!
He is an Electrician & had already diagnosed the fault himself & I let him get on with it himself.
I know that is a common thing on the Satronic boxes to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bentone B11 burner always locking out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock