Search the forum,

Discuss Bensham Bath mixer tap problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shimbo

I bought Bensham Bath mixer taps in 2007 from The Bath Store. Last week the hot water tap popped out of the mixer, leaving my unable to turn off the water. When you screw the taps back in, it tightens up, but as soon as you try to turn the tap off it pops out. I have had 2 plumbers out who said they cannot repair the tap as they cannot unscrew the front of the tap to look inside the tap. Bath Store are saying that they are not reasonable, as taps could break due to various reasons such as hard/soft water etc, I bought them in 2007. My view is that bath taps should last a lot longer than 3.5 years.

I am being unreasonable in expecting taps to last longer than this?

I got 12 months, the taps are now 3.5 years old. So Bath Store are saying tough. My view is that taps should last alot longer than this.

I'm afraid the same thing would happen with a £1,000 television set. Nothing seems to last these days.

Sort of slightly disagree there,
did a leaking bristan shower a few weeks ago, 4 years old.
Called bristan and sent a service kit (£26 worth) free of charge with a thank you for picking there product.
If your mandarin isnt up to scratch, i doubt you get the same service.imo.lol.

That's Bristan and that's why people like to fit Bristan stuff and they know it so thats why they are so helpful. You pay a bit more but you get the service.

Would never touch Bathstore or similar Chinese stuff - no parts or support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bensham Bath mixer tap problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock