1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Been out of the game for awhile but want to return. in the Plumbers Looking for Work - Post Here area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. TobiRolph

TobiRolph New Member

Good Morning Lads,

I need some advice if possible, I've been out of the game for maybe 7 years due to different reasons but now I want back in. I completed an apprenticeship and NVQ 2 but never got to progress further, but I've got the bug again. I realised that I'm under qualified and need to get back into the swing of things so maybe trying to do some free labouring etc with someone or do I go throught an intensive course to get back upto speed with the industry before trying for level 3.

Any advice is grateful.

Thanks

2. 1Steven

1Steven Plumber GSR

Welcome back into the fold! :54:

What area are you in?

3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Welcome to the forums.
    Believe you need to be employed to do the NVQ

4. TobiRolph

TobiRolph New Member

Thanks 1Steven, I'm in Norfolk.

Thanks rpm, yeah i thought I would have to be so maybe if I can find a willing person to help me get through the course. But I don't know at the moment.

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Wish you all the best however look through the forum posts and you will find many many people offering to help for free. Just need to strike gold I guess.

Could try hanging around plumbers merchants and whoring yourself. :lol:

6. 1Steven

1Steven Plumber GSR

Trying leaving your name and number at all the local merchant's. Builder's merchant's to if people see you are hungry. You have more chance of getting some work. Once your in its all gravy! :party:

7. TobiRolph

TobiRolph New Member

Thanks boys much appreciated, I'll start the whoring A.S.A.P

8. 1Steven

1Steven Plumber GSR

• Like Like x 1