Search the forum,

Discuss Becoming a Plumber - starting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Conway

Hey there,

As everyone who has decided to change careers at a later age, I still need reassurance I am going in the right direction. I have a friend who has been working as a plumber for a number of years. He recently joined a new company and shared some of his experience with me, however I feel that the information he gives me is confusing and contradictory at times. I guess it really depends where you work, the company policy, etc., but still, I would like to find out more just so I know beforehand what I might be getting myself into.

Any advice, information and tips are welcomed.

Thanks,

Mike

Why not give it a go offer your services for free to your mate this job is not for everyone but can be very rewarding not just money wise either your always meeting new people , no two days are the same , some of the old folks are great characters full of stories it take it toll on your joints, knees , back ect but its a great feeling when you walk away from a job of another satisfied customer , what is it you do now for a job ? Regards kop.

Hi mike , if it's something your keen on then go for it as it's a great profession to have,

Give it a go, just don't burn any bridges when you leave, give yourself a route back in if it doesn't work out
It's a good job to have but you're going to pay for it with the back & knees etc

Have a look in the search function on the forum. Some good honest advice. Might not be what you want to hear though.

Good luck and welcome along.

Thanks, everyone for the honest advices and opinions. I will definitely have a look in the forum and try to find as much as I can about the job. Offering services for free is also a good idea.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you, guys!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Becoming a Plumber - starting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock