Search the forum,

Discuss BBC Watchdog - British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
it should be on bbc iplayer stan

Ha ha, ive heard that is a nice earner!! Think maybe people are missing the point on the boiler leads, from what ive heard there is a lot if pressure if you do not get boiler leads or you are out on your ear, no one cares about the tenner you get, you just dont want to get summoned to the top man at bg and get the boot.

I Sub contracted to them a few years back when working for a company they got rid of me as I only got leads on dangerous boilers (not dangerous because there more than 10 years old because they were falling apart as I was the first person to actually take the cover off in years) and they got the hump when I had a regular inspection and refused to tell someboy with a ideal mexico 2 BF that they should upgrade the boiler. My reply was why it will go on for years.

And the leads they got out of me was good for my boss as I gave him the addresses aswell.

Might have to wait 24hr then , not sure. But once up it should be on for 7 days i think.

When i was there at BG there were 6k engineers, the MD said they had 8k! That's a heck of a lot of uplift in workload if you ask me and watchdog and the like are most likely to blame for our downfall in client base and their increase!!! The likes of watchdog scaremonger folk into believing that they need to find a reputable company .. BG get their fangs out and hone in on that demand !! Where does that leave the likes of us???

Think the main reason that the quoted figures are higher Diamond is due to BG taking over a lot of the competition in recent years, Dyno,Ph jones and when the say engineers they are probably including the guys who do the work on the white goods.

Think the main reason that the quoted figures are higher Diamond is due to BG taking over a lot of the competition in recent years, Dyno,Ph jones and when the say engineers they are probably including the guys who do the work on the white goods.

They bought the AA whilst i was working for them ... I understand where you're coming from .. The BG MD was doing his best at damage control IMHO ... As they've always have done since I can remember! They have a customer base to rival none! AND as long as the scaremongering continue to tell folk that they mustn't trust "joe Bloggs" their loyal customers will not want to deviate!! Watchdog adds as much to the problem as it tries to repair in my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
The MD (Chris Jansen) was less than honest in some of his replies IMO, you will know Diamond the sales culture for all customer facing staff and the sales before service culture there. Spot on with the scaremongering their sales tactics/staff paint us sole traders/small business as evil cowboys who are out to rob them of every penny they have if they are not covered by a BG product.

The MD (Chris Jansen) was less than honest in some of his replies IMO, you will know Diamond the sales culture for all customer facing staff and the sales before service culture there. Spot on with the scaremongering their sales tactics/staff paint us sole traders/small business as evil cowboys who are out to rob them of every penny they have if they are not covered by a BG product.

Alas they may have utalized the likes of watchdog to their benefit! End of the day they're a business out to make money! As are we all :) They happen to have a lot more years in the making than most of us will ever muster :)

My son in law works for dynorod, they're also target driven. They've just been split into two teams to fight each other over the month for sales, winners get a bonus, losers get nothing. They've been told, don't change a tap washer sell a set of taps ÂŁ95 + VAT fitted. The taps are about ÂŁ12 a pair.
His mate quoted to change a cold water mains tank a few weeks ago at a house I was working at (fitting a bath) 25 gallon ÂŁ880 inc VAT.

My son in law works for dynorod, they're also target driven. They've just been split into two teams to fight each other over the month for sales, winners get a bonus, losers get nothing. They've been told, don't change a tap washer sell a set of taps ÂŁ95 + VAT fitted. The taps are about ÂŁ12 a pair.
His mate quoted to change a cold water mains tank a few weeks ago at a house I was working at (fitting a bath) 25 gallon ÂŁ880 inc VAT.

I thought Dyno were mostly franchises though? When I subied to them I wasn't asked to sell anything!

I thought Dyno were mostly franchises though? When I subied to them I wasn't asked to sell anything!
Yep, this is still a franchise but they expect them to sell, sell, sell. It only used to be mandates at one time, signing people up to insurance but now it's sell whatever you can.

no no ....watched it , not really enough questions asked ..they could have gone deep in to it imho

just watched it on i player the BG MD squirmed quite a lot and lied like a honest MP

Could of done the whole hour on them, coincedently seen two bg vans parked up all day cant have a lot on know they live there

Chris Jansen did not lie. I think he handled the situation very well. Anne Robinson and the BBC should be ashamed of themselves.

BG Quiz - starter for ten ...

Who is the ex BG employee that has recently been reshuffled?

We were shown a DVD of the 2 engineers defending themselves, I'm on there side because if the parts are not shown as available on the laptop, then they are just following the bg procedures.
Then you get the blame for not phoning independents and taking initiative.
you just can't please this mob.
rant over
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BBC Watchdog - British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock