Search the forum,

Discuss BBC Watchdog - British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Its on tonight BBC1 at 8.00pm, apparently a major energy supplier have been replacing perfectly working boilers!!!

I think its British Gas, but cant be sure...

Anyway, its a must watch i reckon...

Ohhhh yeaaa!!!

yes! hopefully they get shut down, and we get al their work ............................. :p

yes! hopefully they get shut down, and we get al their work ............................. :p
For their prices?
I could do with a couple of powerflushes.

The last time I spoke to a customer, BGas quoted ÂŁ750 a PF. thats insane..

I sure they'd try to swindle a boiler change out of that too.

Apparently when they shut down all their work will be passed to NUS, for a small fee (ÂŁ1725) you can you can get all the work you can handle! for references pm best bathrooms he's making a fortune from them.

Thought it would have been in the rouge traders section ,were it belonged,like the way the bloke trying to defend them,fell back on replacing the boilers on a safety basis............do not think he meant the safety of the boiler but the safety of premiums to the shareholders ! :38:

Well done Anne Robinson, made the MD of the service division squirm and im pretty sure he was a little loose with the truth when the question about engineers being on bonuses if they sell new boilers, BG from top to bottom is all about sales, all customer facing staff have sales targets and related sales bonuses.

If that BG manager was Pinnochio Anne Diamond would have been in need of the fire brigade to get her down from his nose!!! What a load of tosh!!! Ask any engineer working for BG what Qdos is and they'll cringe...! They're 'reward' points for sales leads...!

If that BG manager was Pinnochio Anne Diamond would have been in need of the fire brigade to get her down from his nose!!! What a load of tosh!!! Ask any engineer working for BG what Qdos is and they'll cringe...! They're 'reward' points for sales leads...!
What'd you mean exactly?

Wossname didn't need setting, I watched WD.
Now I've been educated and thanks to BG, it seems that a 20 year old boiler should be replaced on safety grounds.

Never heard so much cobblers in my life.

unless its changed since last year they get bonus point just for getting the lead for a new boiler and more if the customer agres to a new boiler

If they're saying they should have been changed on safety grounds are they trying to say the plumbers concerned left their customers with dangerous boilers?

What'd you mean exactly?

Well my post was loaded so not quite sure what you're askin Whn 1?

The MD was lying out of his back teeth IMO!! The pressure to sell comes from the top down. Managers developed 'incentive' schemes more than 20 years ago for engineers to gain more for selling. It was not money but reward points that could be exchanged for loads of things, Agos, M&S ... etc. etc .... They labelled them Qdos and I believe they are still there today!

BTW
When I was with BG many moons ago, we were encouraged to promote new appliances and especially new boilers.
Of course there was a bonus paid for any leads provided.
Heaven Forbid (gasp)

They get commission (bonus points aka QDOS) for selling and that isn't limited to boilers its also on selling other appliance cover and gas and electric, its all about targets in the world of BG.

the real good news is it wont end there im sure annes phone is ringing of the hook with people who've been ripped off by bg
shame she didnt mention the powerflushing scandal

The QDOS reward scheme is basically points which convert to money which is then put on a QDOS card, just like a visa card for you to spend as you like. Which reminds me I still have a bit of money left on mine from when I was contracting there last year. Although I will add I didnt get anyone to replace a boiler that didnt need replacing. Mainly got the money from getting them to switch to BG dual fuel lol.

Ha ha, ive heard that is a nice earner!! Think maybe people are missing the point on the boiler leads, from what ive heard there is a lot if pressure if you do not get boiler leads or you are out on your ear, no one cares about the tenner you get, you just dont want to get summoned to the top man at bg and get the boot.

At team meetings people do get a talking to if ther arent reaching targets of boiler leads, etc etc. As I was a contractor I didnt have that problem. You would get more of a talking to for not getting boiler leads than taking 8 visits to fix a boiler.

Shocking, about time British Gas got looked in to. I think some other authorities see them as untouchable, so they do get away a lot.

Thank You Watchdog.

That guy from British Gas was clearly not telling the entire truth, and the way he justified it was wrong.

Ha ha, ive heard that is a nice earner!! Think maybe people are missing the point on the boiler leads, from what ive heard there is a lot if pressure if you do not get boiler leads or you are out on your ear, no one cares about the tenner you get, you just dont want to get summoned to the top man at bg and get the boot.

You're dead right ... I left BG 8yrs ago ... Loved most of my time there and made real good friends along the 25yrs prior! Privatisation made it just a money making machine with us guys as the front line 'tool' to make it! Dangle a carrot and the donkey will follow!!! I got sick of chasing the carrot! Luckily I hadn't Driven my credit rating to the max and could afford to leave the "family"! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BBC Watchdog - British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock