Search the forum,

Discuss BAXI, very poor customer service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
hi

After trying and waiting to get a brand new baxi duotec fixed by Baxi (heat team) i have decided that Baxi is no longer on my recommended manufactures list. In fact i will now go out of my way to inform customer and general public that they should be avoided.

Not only have they not called me back after promissing to do so, they have now left me an answer phone message (at 7.15pm) to tell me that the engineer arranged for tomorrow is not going to turn up and i should phone them again to try and make another appointment. I phoned and there phone lines opening hours are 8 to 6, even tho they phoned me after 7pm.

its now been over 2 weeks since i reported the fault, the only bit of fortune is its a new build property, if it had of been tennanted then i dont know how i would be able to explain to a cold customer why the service is so poor. This said it should not make a difference to baxi's service as i am there customer.

I will speak to PTS tomorrow and ask if i can return the boiler and change it for a new one, i dont see why not. After all if you buy any other goods that are faulty from new you are entitled to a full refund under consumer laws.

so my advise is steer clear of baxi if you value your customers. Very poor service!.

Stopped fitting em years ago had three problems in a row

1) Girfriends aunt pcb went after 26 months
2) Next door neighbouroughs heat exchanger went after 4 years
3) Mum and dads pcb and diverter assembly started leaking

Hence dont go anyway near them

Oh and mates got a 6 month old one that had a pcb the other day but fortunatky for him council deal

Vaillant, 3 days left of warranty, major internal leak.

Call made to Vaillant, boiler replaced within days.

i know what your saying anz, i have had experience with both worcester and vailant and both fixed next within 48hr no questions asked. Baxi on the other hand :(

the site is handed over very soon, i cant wait for them to bother to turn up and fix there own products. Money will be lost every day the site goes over deadline.

350 performas fitted very few issues 200 golds/duotec 1/heatmax fitted 2 fans 1 electrode must be lucky no way am i touching there ga boilers

hi

After trying and waiting to get a brand new baxi duotec fixed by Baxi (heat team) i have decided that Baxi is no longer on my recommended manufactures list. In fact i will now go out of my way to inform customer and general public that they should be avoided.

Not only have they not called me back after promissing to do so, they have now left me an answer phone message (at 7.15pm) to tell me that the engineer arranged for tomorrow is not going to turn up and i should phone them again to try and make another appointment. I phoned and there phone lines opening hours are 8 to 6, even tho they phoned me after 7pm.

its now been over 2 weeks since i reported the fault, the only bit of fortune is its a new build property, if it had of been tennanted then i dont know how i would be able to explain to a cold customer why the service is so poor. This said it should not make a difference to baxi's service as i am there customer.

I will speak to PTS tomorrow and ask if i can return the boiler and change it for a new one, i dont see why not. After all if you buy any other goods that are faulty from new you are entitled to a full refund under consumer laws.

so my advise is steer clear of baxi if you value your customers. Very poor service!.

hi mate there has to be a reason why you had that happen to you ring 01926 405405 and compalin ive fitted loads and only had 3 go funny and thats been in the last month and a half so i think its a bad batch of parts cos all the rest are fine no problems and when the parts do go ,there cheap to fix every other manafacture are 2 or 3 times the price on parts i got a baxi fan last week for a solo2 and was ÂŁ80 just got a valliant one and thats ÂŁ170 says it all to me, your always going to get arkward people in any job i had the main man out to discuse them problems out also am on the works scheme and its next day if you have any faults i think youve just been unlucky

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up on them 2 years ago. Duo tec pcb,s errors codes that don't exist. Fans, even had flue seals fail on a horizontal run. Flue not garunteed for five years like boiler. Had to charge to replace a 3 year old flue. Utter pile of poo!

I would call the rep and it would be sorted asap. I dont install rubbish anymore like vaillant ,bosch ,potterton and all the other duff stuff on the market

Isn't potterton exactly the same as Baxi being as it's the same firm? We'll
have to agree to disagree on brands. I've had a huuuuge drop in call backs since changing to Vaillant. I fit about fifty boilers a year. In about ten platinums and duo tec,s fitted three have failed. Fans and pcb,s. In two years of Vaillant two warranty call outs and I think one was pilot error.

spoke to baxi again today, got told even tho its been 2 weeks plus they could not come out until next tuesday at the earliest, that would be around 3 weeks since reporting the fault. How can they think its exceptable to leave a customer without heating for 3 weeks??? :(

I spoke to builders agent, he phoned his office, somebody high up in the firm phoned somebody at baxi........ and within 30mins i was told that they will be coming out tomorrow to fix the boiler. After being told on the phone there would be no way an engineer could call any earlier than tuesday. I even told the guy on the phone i would be prepered to return the boiler to pts and exchange it for new to which i got some line about the warranty does not cover this because one of there own engineers has messed with the boiler which voids my consumer rights. Cows Dung springs to mind.

I had a similar issue where I installed a new baxi and it packed up in the first week , I rang them and they said they could not send anyone out until they received the guarantee card which had not been filled out yet or posted, So I paid ÂŁ300 odd and they were out the next day and i got a refund , everyone happy

so shocked at what i am reading on here about BAXI gonna have a word about it with my rep tomorrow,see if he can find out whats going on

I had a similar issue where I installed a new baxi and it packed up in the first week , I rang them and they said they could not send anyone out until they received the guarantee card which had not been filled out yet or posted, So I paid ÂŁ300 odd and they were out the next day and i got a refund , everyone happy
thats not on you can register it there and then on the phone

When was the last time you spoke to a rep and he didn't say what you wanted to hear?

When was the last time you spoke to a rep and he didn't say what you wanted to hear?
you dont know my rep he has been with BAXI for 30 years,he would be very concerned at some of the stories on here

I spoke to my rep last week and did the duo tec course for a laugh as lack of work

How long as he been there? They change every six months. The last baxi rep I knew emptied his avensis estate into my garage. My point is there all your best mates when your helping them fill there quota and will tell you just about any old tosh to keep you happy. Am I coming across as bitter?Whoops just read your last post no fence meant.

Last edited:
How long as he been there? They change every six months. The last baxi rep I knew emptied his avensis estate into my garage. My point is there all your best mates when your helping them fill there quota and will tell you just about any old tosh to keep you happy. Am I coming across as bitter?
see post *17

No offence intended to your mate at baxi. My experience with reps is mostly bad.

yep we are all in the same boat i got asked when i got invited to the launch of the main eco if that design in my opinion was so bad how would i design a budget BAXI? its simple keep the bottom half of a 105 top half of a duotec with a better quality fan i received a letter about a month later your design basically would be to expensive to produce,at the end of the day what do i know about designing boilers compared to a design student at BAXI or worcester i only fit them and bring them back to life when they die, BAXI are/have gone like most componys our days,they seem to think the consumer picks them as a brand 9 out of ten times its the installer/service engineer that specify/recommends what brand to buy BAXI/other brands note to your market research people upset enough of us and you will fail

We're all finding out about the ga's just now but that aside, I can't complain with customer service. I live 60 miles from nearest engineer and usually come out next day or two.
I'd love to see your boiler come to life gasman. Although your repairs will come down a bit

We're all finding out about the ga's just now but that aside, I can't complain with customer service. I live 60 miles from nearest engineer and usually come out next day or two.
I'd love to see your boiler come to life gasman. Although your repairs will come down a bit
for some reason all other brands survive the operation its just ideals that seem to die a lot

I have always made my excuses and leave before the ideal died totally :83:

Hi, I am a customer with Baxi and we have had to call them out 3 times for the same fault since the end of January.. This time we called them on Saturday (5th March 2016) with an intermittent fault (boiler kept going to lock out but would come back on when reset, this happened for about a week before) Sunday it wouldn't come back on at all, so rang back on the 6th and advised that I now had no heating or hot water, an appointment was made for today (Thursday 10th March 2016) on Wednesday 9th March 2016 I receive a phone call I could not take at the time, so a msg was left stating my appointment had been cancelled (no reason why) and to ring back and rebook. I have had no heating and hot water since Sunday and have a child in the house, surely this isn't right?! I have no been told my appointment has been rebooked by them for Saturday???? Hopefully this won't get cancelled as with the snow and plummeting temperatures my property is absolutely freezing.

The last baxi rep I knew emptied his avensis estate into my garage.

Is that a euphemism for an over friendly act between consenting men ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a euphemism for an over friendly act between consenting men ???

Relax Phill - It's a Baxi thing.

A bit like the anals of getting in through the backdoor of the UKPF secret society.
I wouldn't know, I don't have an all access pass.

Nor do I install Baxi's very often

Bottom sex ???
How very dare you...
I was merely referring to him storing his contents in your man cave

It's only gay if you push back..

Jokes aside, had a faulty duotec straight out the box, baxi tried to wriggle out the warranty and tried to blame the supplier, baxi no longer appear on my spec list.

It's only gay if you push back..

Jokes aside, had a faulty duotec straight out the box, baxi tried to wriggle out the warranty and tried to blame the supplier, baxi no longer appear on my spec list.

Must be an area thing, I've never had any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BAXI, very poor customer service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock