Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Solo Pilot Light dropping out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWaite

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi

Just been called to a baxi solo WM 40 4 RS the pilot light has gone out and on trying to re-establish the pilot light the pilot ignites, but then when you let go of the control knob after 10-20 secs. the pilot flame drops out.

I am gas safe registered and competent at installations but not too familiar with fault finding on old appliances like this.

Am I right in suspecting it could be the thermocouple, or what other things could it be?

GC No. for the boiler is 41-077-48

Many Thanks

Provided that the tip of the thermocouple is sat well in the flame then it seems likely that you are already on the right track however very rarely it could be the gas valve ( and I mean very rarely).

try holding it in longer , you can get a thermocouple tester which would help

cant picture this boiler but i would 1st change the thermocouple providing you have got a decent flame ruling out a blocked injector and if that doesn't work its likely to be the gas valve

Firstly, make sure the pilot injector is clean and getting a good strong pilot to energize the T/C. Common issue on these.
Secondly, change the T/C.
Thirdly, Gas Valve.
Obviously make sure getting full gas to gas valve.

Thanks guys, sorted it, it was just the thermocouple in the end, much appreciated.

I also have a Baxi solo 40 rs with a pilot light that keeps dropping. Replaced the thermocouple today and it's still doing it. If I hold in the gas nob it's stay lit but when I let go it dies. Am I looking at a new gas valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo Pilot Light dropping out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock