Search the forum,

Discuss BAXI Solo HE/Tribune HE No hot water. HELP, please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PaulLlewellyn

Hi,

Any help with this would be great. Please.

IMG_20160128_174818477.jpg

Once the system is switched on the Baxi ignites and all is running as normal, the two green lights on. The radiators heat and within 10 minutes they are hot. The Baxi then shuts off, lights go out.

No hot water at the taps.

Here is a marked pic of the tribune showing which parts get hot.

tribune wide.jpg

After 5 minutes or so the boiler will kick in again and last for another 10 minutes and then the process repeats. Each time the Two point valve(?), which I have marked as 1 on the left of the pic, makes a bit of a racket to get going. The same unit on the right is silent. It is all cold on that side of things.

Some more pics of the system in case they might help.

IMG_20160129_121236656.jpgIMG_20160129_121222671.jpgIMG_20160129_121305850.jpg

The immersion works fine.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Might this be s traight swap out of the whole unit?

I'm more than happy and iwlling to bring in an engineer but if it is something direct I'd rather do that than repeat my last experience of paying a call out fee to find that the solution then was simply to raise the water pressure.

Using red wheel fully open the silent 2 port valve, lower right picture, with programme and cylinder stat calling for hot water. If having manually opened, closed and opened this valve, boiler does not fire, check you have voltage in brown conductor. If voltage present MV or head needs replacing. Consider Honeywell 4043 equivalent.

So, i turned the red dial on the bottom unit so that it was open. It then quite silently turned. The pipes warmed.
I tried the taps to find very hot water. Hotter than I have become used to from recently using the immersion.
The other unit on the top left was also turning very loudly. CHUGGING! Then after a few minutes both stopped.
Then cycle repeated.
Might it then be that the top left actuator needs replacing?

best bet is to get a g3 heating eng/plumber (unvented) to come and change the parts and maybe give it a once over while hes there

As above, you've confirmed problem. replace both 2 port valves with Honeywell.

Yep I am with joni, bin the sunvics and fit some honeywells, cheaper in the long run , not a diy job Paul , where are you based ? Sombody on here may be local .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BAXI Solo HE/Tribune HE No hot water. HELP, please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the heating. We have two boilers, one for water and one for the heating, it's an 8 bed Victorian house (bed and breakfast) I went into the loft to see what...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock