Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Solo HE 18 - won't light! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JE-P&H

Gas Engineer
After a bit of advice this boiler has really thrown me.

Called to a Baxi Solo He 18 that the customer would have to reset 5 times + for the boiler to stay lit it seemed to be lighting for literally a second then going out.

I stripped it down expecting an electrode fault but nothing noticeably wrong with the boiler except the red combustion door seal was damaged so replaced that also replaced the electrodes as I had a spare set on the van.

Now I cant even get the boiler to light for a second I can hear it sparking but it will go through 5 cycles fail to ignite and go to lockout. I can smell gas in the chamber afterwards so assume the gas valve is letting it through but not lighting? OP is also correct at 19mb

Anyone experienced a similar fault or have any ideas I'm at a loss and considering changing the gas valve??
Any help would be much appreciated!

these can have a bad seal on the burner and they updated it to ceramic i think even they can break their seal other than that are you getting correct voltage at gas valve

thanks for the reply the burner looks ok to me anything in particular I should be looking for? What voltage should I be looking for on the gas valve Baxi technical were no help when I asked for the voltages! Is the seal that attaches the burner to the fan ever a problem?

The burner I had a problem with you could almost lift the ceramic out of the metal box

Checked the burner all good but made some progress! Found if I slightly block the venturi boiler fires up straight away and then if I take it away it stay lit! So think I'm looking at Gas/Air mix. tested the Gas valve 4.5k resistance the voltage is down slightly at 220vdc manual says 240vdc is this low enough to cause a problem?

Your probably on the right track with the gas valve. Probably not giving the correct mix to ignite. If it's got 220v on it, it should be opening, but you don't know what's happening inside.

On a side note, each time I have had this problem there has been water leakage on RHS into the little copper tube which goes to the gas valve.

Your probably on the right track with the gas valve. Probably not giving the correct mix to ignite. If it's got 220v on it, it should be opening, but you don't know what's happening inside.

On a side note, each time I have had this problem there has been water leakage on RHS into the little copper tube which goes to the gas valve.

It looked like there has been water on the right hand side possibly condensate blockage could that effect the copper tube is it just a case of blowing it through? 220vdc is enough to open it fully then so unlikely to be PCB?

had problems with solo gas valves in the past, and from what I remember they are not cheep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo HE 18 - won't light! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All My Baxi Duo Tec Combi HE error display light is not 'lit up' - it appears to be blank. My boiler hasn't worked since the weekend so I checked the boiler panel expecting to see an error E119 low pressure message which I can normally fix myself. The error message display panel appears to...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have a Baxi Solo 15 HE condensing boiler - The wall timer for the Central Heating and Hot Water is set to OFF not via the timed on off system, yet the boiler seems to switch on approximately every 10 Mins and runs for between 30 seconds and a minute. When I say switch on, I can hear the...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old Glowworm Hideaway 100. I have lived in this house for 8 years and it has been faultless, until recently. The pilot light won't stay on. The boiler has been worked on by a Gas Engineer, but he is stumped and telling me I need a new boiler. I can not afford a new boiler...
Replies
Views
hi, been to a baxi solo 15 he with ignition lockout fault. seems to run though the ignition cycle, can hear the gas valve open but not sparke. It fired briefly when i disconnected the earth from condensate, but went out immediately. condensates dry, changed the sparker because of continuity...
Replies
Views
Baxi Solo 30 he, existing boiler in newly bought house for client. Condense trap replaced and combustion chamber door seal replaced. 1" bsp nut missing from trap to discharge pipe connection. The house is split levelled with 17 radiators, pipe sizing is off. There was a 6m head pump on return...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock