Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be shopping at mark's all the time!! Lol. The burners i fit are about 6k each so that might have something to do with it... (commercial engineer)

Got it in Marks and Spencers vouchers (so not actually cash), i bought it on the day the rep was in plumb at swinton... Only cost me £639 with flue and remote timer (siemens one not built in). So they are very good price...
Is yours a 24kw or 28kw what is the total including vat. Thanks

Yes that's flame failure. When you set it up did you do it as per instructions.
Think you will need to ring baxi as there seems to be a fault with some of the gas valves if they were not set up correctly from the first start up.
Still not had any problems with any, fitted 2 more last week. Got 2 more to fit next week.

Yeah 22mm pipework from meter to boiler only 2m run. Yeah gas rated all ok. Only done it twice and reset no probs. Will monitor and see how it goes.

You must be lucky to have no fails..

i fitted the new duo-tec the other week, the connection for the safety discharge was a bit strange, anyone else think so ? was too tight to the filling loop, back to the OP when i de-aerated it also it didnt recognise it was NG, pressed a few buttons and got it to NG was instructions telling you to do so, this was the new duo-tec so must be similar, you would think it would go to NG first instead of LPG

They have now moved the connection on blow off. It has been moved over to left now. Better than on the right.

hi , i fitted neta tec end of September , last Saturday had call from client "it not working",went to see , no error codes but not working, no hot water and sporadic fire up on heating. called heat team , their engineer said it is hot water thermistor. but they not got one,still waiting and one not too happy customer with no hot water for a week so far,
otherwise good to install,easy commission except awkward to get to gas valve for working pressure readings.

hi , i fitted neta tec end of September , last Saturday had call from client "it not working",went to see , no error codes but not working, no hot water and sporadic fire up on heating. called heat team , their engineer said it is hot water thermistor. but they not got one,still waiting and one not too happy customer with no hot water for a week so far,
otherwise good to install,easy commission except awkward to get to gas valve for working pressure readings.

if your gsr and register with baxi works you get next day call out.

hi the problem wasn't with call out as they sent engineer promptly although had registered with works didn't realise they responded quicker til after the event. Problem was with NTC for hot water and the fitter did not carry one on van, they are different than the duotec and none available in the heat team network. bottom line they had to rob one from display model to be able to fit to customers boiler.

Heateam just been out new gas valve and pcb he said it is a very common fault and baxi are in the process of making sure they send them out correct in 1st place....

1 in 5...20%

Field kit now available.

Problem was with the seating sticking inside gas valve, Gas valve now chemically cleaned to stop this happening.

BAXI do try to out design problems,i would rather fit and work on a BAXI or potterton than a worcester any day of the week

Had my first faulty one today. Divertor valve connection faulty, baxi offer next working day for call out which I thought was very good.
Fitted about 20 now and this is my first faulty one, I still think there a good boiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
1/20 is bloody good! Mine has been fine since baxi came out fingers crossed it stays like that.

Had my first faulty one today. Divertor valve connection faulty, baxi offer next working day for call out which I thought was very good.
Fitted about 20 now and this is my first faulty one, I still think there a good boiler.

The PCB housing catches the plug on the diverter motor when pushed back...solution is to turn the motor round so the plug is at five o` clock there is plenty of slack on the cable.

The PCB housing catches the plug on the diverter motor when pushed back...solution is to turn the motor round so the plug is at five o` clock there is plenty of slack on the cable.
Thanks for that, connection is also very loose. Bad design me thinks.

Baxi did come out but didn't fix the boiler, customer was not impressed. Baxi going back in morning so fingers crossed.

Baxi did come out but didn't fix the boiler, customer was not impressed. Baxi going back in morning so fingers crossed.

Diverter motor and harness are not Van stock yet for some engineers. Let us know how you get on H Eng

Diverter motor and harness are not Van stock yet for some engineers. Let us know how you get on H Eng
thats bad for you guys,they should kit you up with every part for a new launch boiler,the other thing i dont like is this boilers not been run to death in the factory to see how it fails,being a service engineer as well i can appreciate not every fault will show its self on test but there are some common faults on the netatec,this really damages baxis reputation,its like 2 steps forward with the 105 and duotec 1 and 3 back with the Bahamas and 100 he with the last 2 boilers i mentioned this is my fear of fitting the neta tec losing customers and peeing people off with a bad product

They Changed , pcb , divertor and gas valve, but still doesn't work.
If I mess with pug on divertor valve it works ok, but then goes off after a couple of hours. Must be something to do with plug connection ?

Fitting one on saturday for a mate who wanted a cheap but reliable boiler his old pipework is dirty and the old boiler dosnt work and i dont have a powerflush will i have problems putting in a cleaning chemical in the pipes when i start up the new boiler go back a week later and flush it out then add inhibiter

They Changed , pcb , divertor and gas valve, but still doesn't work.
If I mess with pug on divertor valve it works ok, but then goes off after a couple of hours. Must be something to do with plug connection ?
They came and put screw in plug connection , works great now... Got to say I am very happy with the service from baxi and the boiler.

Fitting one on saturday for a mate who wanted a cheap but reliable boiler his old pipework is dirty and the old boiler dosnt work and i dont have a powerflush will i have problems putting in a cleaning chemical in the pipes when i start up the new boiler go back a week later and flush it out then add inhibiter
You could mains flush the system first before fitting boiler and then add a filter such as fernox TF1 ...

The harness was not faulty , just needed a screw fitting into it, all new ones now have a screw in diverter valve harness.
Got to say i feel these will be a really good boiler now...

The harness was not faulty , just needed a screw fitting into it, all new ones now have a screw in diverter valve harness.
Got to say i feel these will be a really good boiler now...

Cheers H-Eng..Until the next problem arises :1:

Cheers H-Eng..Until the next problem arises :1:
never say never.. but they have sorted these problems very quickly. baxi rep said that these boilers have been fitted for 18 months in another country with no problems.

Just thought I'd add a reply to this thread - I was the chap that had the Neta Tec fitted by Allen with the dodgey divertor valve connection.

Two months on the boiler is now working fine - It was a total nightmare at first but it seems that the little screw was the issue. Allen tried his best to sort it and was up for coming back at all times of the day to try and get it going for me without charging any extra.

The whole situation was just unfortunate but it is working well now. I would recommend Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock