Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply mate.

When are you available to talk. As i am not fitting until Sunday. Just downloaded the installation instructions and doesnt seem to bad. Just doesnt mention about running hot type while it is going through sequence.

When are you available to talk. As i am not fitting until Sunday. Just downloaded the installation instructions and doesnt seem to bad. Just doesnt mention about running hot type while it is going through sequence.
Ring me Sunday if you like. Really easy to fit. No it doesn't say about running hot tap but I was told too do it by the rep before I fitted any. I have now fitted about 10 or so now with no problems at all.

Very good boiler for the money.

Cheers mate, expect my call at some point.....

Going from a Baxi bemuda 100 lol...

So just hope this is 100 x better....

System will need a really good clean out, if I was you I would put some deposit remover in system and run it around with old boiler for a few days. Then fit a filter such as a TF1

X300 be good enough?

I am replacing a couple of radiators on thursday night so will add it then. How much will i need do you think? 10 Radiators on my system. Got no were to install a filter as all my pipework in wall so not accessible. Unless they can be installed within the boiler somewhere???

Will also be added x400 when i have finished install or is it not worth it?

Will also be added x400 when i have finished install or is it not worth it?
You don't really want to put all that muck in new boiler. I would flush it first and then just do hot and cold flush with new boiler in. I would make sure I had filter on return.

I didnt mean to write bumuda should have been bahama sorry.... Would you still use the diposit remover?

Changed a rad about 3 months ago and all that came out was a bit of black water, had no slugs in the rad at all... All the pipework in my house is plastic with 10mm ends to rads. Should it require that intense treatment? (not meaning to sound that i am not taking your advice just curious)

Changed a rad about 3 months ago and all that came out was a bit of black water, had no slugs in the rad at all... All the pipework in my house is plastic with 10mm ends to rads. Should it require that intense treatment? (not meaning to sound that i am not taking your advice just curious)
If its all plastic then you are right... Depends on system.. If there are any problems with water quality baxi will void warranty.

How will i know if the water quality is to there liking? As it must be a easy get our clause for them...

Think it changed a little ..in my head I was looking at an old baxi bbu with gravity water etc.. Now it's plastic pipe etc .. It cannot be that old then really.
Would still fit filter.

How will i know if the water quality is to there liking? As it must be a easy get our clause for them...
If you clean it and fit a filter then you will be fine.... They don't try and get out of things, but they will not cover it if is black sludge....

My house has been up for 11 years and was completely stripped out about 8 years ago due to internal walls falling down (another story). If i was to flush the system out on install and but some x400 in will that surface? As i have no were to install a TF1 filter, as all pipework is in walls or underfloors (8ftx4ft sheets upstairs).

Last edited by a moderator:
You would put x100 in after not x400..
I would always advise on fitting a filter wer possible. If you are not able to fit one then so be it.....

X100 was what i was should of wrote (sorry miss type).

Would agree with a filter but just cant think were to install one. Dont forget i am used to having a big boiler room to install stuff in lol...

Do you have an airing cuboard ? Or could you install in a cuboard or under floor.

No airing cupboard, no access to any pipework accept at the boiler or at the radiators (only 10mm). Would have to start cutting boards upstairs to gain access to 1/2inch plastic pipe and i have no idea were it runs. Bloody joke new houses..

well,the clock has now had to be replaced as it was loosing 5 minutes per week.
on top of that, the error code 133 has emerged once again, 4 weeks after having a new valve fitted due to the same error code. this time however up to now, the boiler is fireing up, after useing the reset button, but it will not fire up automatically from the timer.
this boiler is now only 8 weeks old!!!

engineer has fitted yet another jet assembly!! it seems that they now recognise there is a problem with these valves, as they have had engineers over from italy, who have sonically tested the ones in stock, and i now have one of these.
whether it is a bad batch, or the tolerances are not up to scratch i do not know

Fitted one of these on monday. All seemed fine accept tonight were i have noticed that it doesn't want to modulate!!! Was modulating when fitted and all week (been observing it) Now in heating it just goes to 80 C cuts of then re-fires at 71 C. Any ideas heating-eng? WOuld have thought a PCB or may be gas valve. Commisioned with no problems.

Fitted one of these on monday. All seemed fine accept tonight were i have noticed that it doesn't want to modulate!!! Was modulating when fitted and all week (been observing it) Now in heating it just goes to 80 C cuts of then re-fires at 71 C. Any ideas heating-eng? WOuld have thought a PCB or may be gas valve. Commisioned with no problems.
i guess it works ok in hot water..yes . On the front of divertor valve there is a wire connection. Pull it off and reconnect.. See if that works.. Thanks.

the more i hear about the neta tecs the more i wont fit em,yes the heatmax has just 2 years warranty but lives longer it seems a boiler with many fickle problems (neta tec) but allens doing something right because all his installs work,read the mi,s anyone?

the more i hear about the neta tecs the more i wont fit em,yes the heatmax has just 2 years warranty but lines longer it seems a boiler with many fickle problems (neta tec) but allens doing something right because all his installs work,read the mi,s anyone?
Fitted 2 last week and again no problems, I haven't had to get baxi out once on about 13/14 boilers . The wire on divertor valve can catch on pull down flap and in turn pulls the wire out a bit, this means that the divertor stays in hot water only.

Thanks Allen, just done that and it seems to modulate now. Will keep an eye on it.

All i can say about these, is there are easy to fit, swapped from a bahama 100 and it only took 3 and half hours. Nice compact boiler and gives good flow hot water. Would def recommend to a friend. And good with a 5 year warranty...

Thanks Allen, just done that and it seems to modulate now. Will keep an eye on it.

All i can say about these, is there are easy to fit, swapped from a bahama 100 and it only took 3 and half hours. Nice compact boiler and gives good flow hot water. Would def recommend to a friend. And good with a 5 year warranty...
5 year warranty ends at end of month....then you need to pay extra for 5 year warranty.
I think there a really good boiler at a good price.

Yeah i know about warranty ending at end of december, good selling point for foreigners at the min though. I also got £75 cash back.. Cheers for your help with this allen..

Yeah i know about warranty ending at end of december, good selling point for foreigners at the min though. I also got £75 cash back.. Cheers for your help with this allen..
No problem that's what we are here for. How did you get cash back.

Got it in Marks and Spencers vouchers (so not actually cash), i bought it on the day the rep was in plumb at swinton... Only cost me £639 with flue and remote timer (siemens one not built in). So they are very good price...

yeah def have a word if you are fitting them a lot. I get good cash back from nu-way i fit about 3 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock